Chapter 15; Still Into You

*Niall's POV*

"You can tell me anything," I tell Cope softly, wrapping my arm around her comfortingly.

"Please don't tell anybody else." Cope looks at me, folds her hands up and literally starts to beg. "Please."

I nod. "I promise."

Cope clears her throat a little, then looks down.

"My dad was a really great guy when I was born. Had a full time job, was really happy. He used to call me his little bundle of sweet because I was so quiet as a baby." Cope begins, her voice unwavering and calm.

"But then we started to fall behind on bills. My mom had quit her job at a law firm because she wanted to be a full-time mom, and my dad said he'd take extra hours to make up for it. I guess it wasn't enough, because pretty soon we had to move from our big house to smaller, cramped one." She explains this with a strong voice, and I hang to her every word. From what I'm hearing, her life has been a living hell.

"So my mom decided to get a job as a waitress, so we could afford our new place. And because of the new machinery that was taking over my dad's workplace, his pay got bumped down and his hours were cut off. My mom ended up getting a second job at a different resturaunt, because she didn't have enough time for a full time job back at the law firm.

"We ended up just barely living off of ramen for the years that we lived there, and my dad suddenly went to look for beer instead of me when he got home. I didn't really care, I was 12 or 13 and I figured I could live to see another day if I didn't see him. But the day turned into days, then weeks and months. When I decided to go see what he was up to one night, he was wasted, watching a football game.

"He told me to get out, that I didn't matter to him, and that I was the fault of our family going nearly broke. I did feel like it was my fault, so I started crying and I turned my back for a moment. The next thing I knew I had shattered glass in my back. The abuse just continued from there, and I'd always tell my mom that they were just stretch marks. When she found out about everything, she divorced my dad and moved me, herself, and newborn Suzaine to where I live now. But he showed up every once and a while with a little surprise." I am crying, and Copie is literally bawling.

"Oh my god," I croak. I hold Cope incredibly tight as she weeps into my shoulder. 

"Please don't tell them. I don't want them to know," Cope whispers, wiping her tears away with her hands.

I take her wet hands in mine and look her straight in the eyes. "You have my word."

**2 weeks later, near to the end of a show in the Hammerstein Ballroom, NY**

(Still Niall's POV)

"What a show!" Copeland shouts into her (now stylized) metallic blue mic. "But is that all you got?!" She shouts even louder.

The crowd roars in response.

This girl really knows how to run a show.

"We have one more hit for ya," Copie smirks as the crowd waits in anticipation, "and it's a cover!"

The crowd erupts in shrieks and hollers, wanting to know what we were doing.

"This babe is called 'Still Into You' and it is from our good lads and lady, Paramore!" Harry calls, smiling as the crowd electrifies in an excited wave.

I tense as I prepare for my cue:

"Can't count the years on one hand that we've been together!" My vocal blip at the end comes out as an awkward squeak, and Liam points and laughs at me as I continue with a huge grin on my face.