Chapter 11

Ciara’s POV

I listen to the sound of my shoes swishing through the grass of the field I am currently running through. It’s in the middle of a lush forest, however; it is not big enough to fit on any map I know of.

  I doubt they would try to follow me through here, I think as I sit down. I remember I came here when I was little. Whenever I felt like I wasn’t good enough, or couldn’t handle it; (which happened to be everyday) this was the place to be. It was was meant to be used to collect your thoughts and come to a rational decision.

 It’s so fitting that my feet would carry me here. I’m here for the same reason as all the many other times, except under different circumstances.

(Flashback)

I sheepishly walked into the house after a tiring day at school.  All the kids there hated me because of my ‘weird’ accent and dress style.  But being late to home is worse than any hell I can get there.  I was trying to sneakily make my way up the stairs and to my room.  Maybe if daddy doesn’t notice I can act like I was never late.

I could hear the latest game on the telly as I tip-toed my way to the living room entry way, and then dashed across trying to make it to the stairs.

“And where do you think you’re going?”  My so-called father asked in a slurred voice.

Of course he was drunk.  That’s just my luck.

“Um…  I was just going upstairs to do my homework.  And then I was going to work on some chores; like maybe to the laundry or something.  So that mom doesn’t have to worry about it when she gets home from the hospital (she’s a nurse, not dying),” I rambled on, trying to get out of whatever he had in store for me.

“How come I got a call from the school saying that you were stuck in one of the fifth grade lockers?  What were you doing all the way down there?  That’s pretty far from your third grade classroom don’t ya think?  Oh wait, of course ya don’t!  YOURE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ANYTHING!  LET ALONE THINKING PROPERLY!” he progressively got louder as he stood up from the armchair, the game forgotten.

I flinched as he neared me, the hand with the beer bottle raised slightly, as if to strike me. My arms went up to cover my face, but that didn’t work, it never did.  But before the glass crashed into my face, I heard him say in a deadly whisper, “You always fuck things up. You can’t do anything right.  You’re cursed to bad luck.  No one would care if you died.”

I heard the door open and a confused voice ask, “David?” just as the bottle broke over my nose.

(End flashback)

                He was right.  I always fuck things up.  I fucked up whatever I had with Harry.  And the rest of the boys saw me run out of there. There’s nothing left for me to do.  Hopefully they’ll just leave me alone.  I hope he’s happy with Taylor.  Maybe Brianne will catch Haylor trending on twitter.

                ... Yes, that’s the right frame of mind!  If he wants to be with her, what’s stopping me from moving on too? Maybe if I can forget about him, then I would be able to forget about everything that's taken course over the last few weeks.  But who can help me do that?  I pull my phone out of my bra and dialed the number that I had spent days memorizing.

                “Hello?” says a voice that could somehow still make my heart flutter.

*****************************************AUTHORS NOTE************************************************

Hai. 

So I felt bad that I haven't updated in like 20 years, so here ya go. It's really short.

I hope you don't die

Have a nice day

Bye.

-Nix and Mirkat.

Mirkat here. Fixed her as well as I could. I am so glad I'm not writing again XP I need to get back to my own book....