Chapter 7

!Harry's POV!

After I say the words I almost never say, I turn and walk out of Ciara's room, closing the door. Before I shut it completely, I hear her mutter the words back to me. I smile, and my heart literally bursts with excitement.

I ran into my room, and flop down on my bed. Best worst day ever.

***********

I waltz into the main room in the flat the next morning, where there sits a long couch and the four other boys.

"How did it go last night?" Lou asks me, stirring his chocolate milkshake with a striped straw. Classic.

"She said she loved me." I say, sitting on the floor across from the other four.

"You guys didn't do it... did you...?" Liam gasps, eyes wide.

"NO, Liam. She's still pissed." I grunt, looking around. "Do we have any tacos?" 

"Not that I know." Niall says, shoving something behind his back.

"Oh, you son of a bitch..." I leap at him, grabbing the half-eaten, moldy taco in his hands. 

Zayn stares at it. "Niall, how old is that taco?"

Niall stares at us. "I found it under the couch." Liam facepalms.

Louis busts out laughing, while I try not to barf. Sometimes I wish we could do this forever- have a normal life as normal teens laughing about a friend who's eating a moldy taco. But since we were all topping the charts, that life was far from reality.

And then she walks out of the hallway. Her eyes are puffy and red, but that doesn't detract from her appearance. Ciara has changed clothing- she now boasts a blue, tight-fit miniskirt with a matching  v-neck, 3/4-sleeved sweater. 

"I heard laughter." She says simply, looking at everyone but me. My empty, tacoless stomach suddenly grows a pit- not just from hunger, but from the doubt I have of Ciara ever talking to me again. Her face is solemn, but her hands are shaking uncontrollably. 

"Would you like to sit down, love? You seem a bit shaken up," Liam suggests softly, gesturing to the spot Zayn vacates just for her. 

"No, I'm... I'm fine." She states, looking at the stubble of carpeting beneath her bare feet. Her toenails- all ten- are expertly painted in neon green.

"Is there anything you need?" Louis offers, smiling the way he does when he is with Eleanor. 

"I just.. um.. I..." She scratches the back of her neck nervously. "I barely slept. I needed someone to sing to me again, but I figured you were all out cold." She bites her lip, and I can tell she's hiding something. 

"Oh, love... anything for you." Zayn hops over to her and wraps her up in his muscular arms. I feel a pang of jealousy in my stomach. It really starts to bother me when he kisses her head. "Just come find me, and I'll be there for you."

***Ciara's POV!***

I smile as Zayn speaks softly in my ear. 

"I'll be there too!" Niall hops up behind us.

"Me too." Liam volunteers.

"And I," Louis winks at me.

I glance over a Harry, expecting something out of him. But, of course nothing does. I frown and fight back tears.

"I... I... need to.. um... One second.." I drag away from Zayn's grip and dash towards my room, swinging the door shut and slamming my face into my pillow as tears take over my vision. I hated this.

***Harry's POV!***

"Harry, what the hell was that?"

"Yeah, come on, you at least could have said something!"

"Someone needs to go after her. I don't want her to cry herself to death."

"I volunteer Harry!"

"SHUT UP!" I roar, slamming my hands down on the floor. Everything goes dead silent, and I am glad. "You guys are blaming me? When Zayn just tried to get in her pants?"

"What the hell are you talking about, Harry? It's called consoling, ever tried it?" Zayn hisses at me, his eyes narrowing.

"Like you're any good at it," I shoot back, staring him down.

"I'm so sick and tired of you torturing that poor girl!" Zayn snaps. "She did nothing to us!"

"It's your fault we're in this mess in the first place. You're the one who gave Niall the dare." I say with defiance, challenging all the cards he had on the table.

"Niall is the one who agreed to it!" Zayn says, but he realizes he's lost. His face screws up in anger once more, and he slaps the moldly taco out of Niall's hand. And it hits my face.

"That's it." I say, standing and walking towards the door.

"Harry, where are you going?" Liam's voice rises cautiously.

"Anywhere away from you assholes." I growl, opening the door and slamming it behind me as I hop down the steps to the walk. I stalk along, not once looking back until I hit the sidewalk, because that's when I hear it.

A shriek stops me cold in my tracks, and I turn around to see a beautiful face running towards me. "Harry!"

I pause, but then I run. As fast as I can, straight down the street. I hear her, running after me, sobbing my name. But I can't stop. I need time to think. I need time on my own. 

***

Happy birthday! For no reason! Hope you like! xoxo.

-RainKat