Chapter 12

"'Ello!" Niall pipes into his phone, and though he has no clue it is me, I'm sure he is relieved that he got  a call from somebody. 

"Niall?" I whisper into the phone, my eyes squeezing shut to keep in the tears.

"Ciara, love! Where are you?! Tell me right now so Zayn, Louis, Liam and I can come get you!" He screechs into the phone. I wince. 

"I don't want everyone to come get me. I want you to come here and only you." I say lowly, staring at the setting sun. "I'm out in a field outside of the woods near your flat. Go north until you get to the fork in the river, take the left fork." I immediately hang up on him, feeling that there is nothing else to say. 

I tuck my knees to my chest and close my eyes, thinking about how my life has quickly spiraled downwards in the past weeks.

First, I get kidnapped. Suzaine dies. I try to jump off a building. Harry hates me. I hate Harry. I run after Harry, Harry runs away from me. I go home. I get taken off to buy luxurious clothing. I come back in my luxurious clothing to find that the Harry, the one whom the boys had promised wanted me, was snogging with Taylor Swift the whole time. 

Well, isn't my life dandy, that's for sure.

I want to just have a normal life, like Brianne. I want to be tan, fit, and pretty. I want two loving parents. I want a big house and my own dog.

But it's quite obvious this isn't going to happen.

"Ciara?" Niall's voice calls. I glance over my shoulder to see him strolling up to me. He takes a seat on the plush grass next to me and instead of looking at me and demanding what I want, he looks off into the sunset.

We sit in silence for a few minutes. I close my eyes in contentment, this moment being picture perfect.

"Harry wasn't kissing Taylor." Niall murmurs, startling me. 

I relax, looking back at the sun. "He can say that all he wants. I saw what I saw." I reply, tilting my head upwards towards the clear blue sky.

"Taylor broke into the flat and tried to seduce him," Niall protests, but he knows it's no good. 

I look down at my toes. "I thought we had something, and all he does is push away and act angry. I don't understand."  I feel the tears rushing up fast, and I try to blink them away.

"Come on, Ciara, don't.. don't cry." Niall says softly. He reaches over to touch my shoulder, but we are interrupted by yelling and the sound of pounding feet. 

"Ciara!" I hear someone yell. I stand up, and as I twist around, my lips meet someone's else's. My stomach explodes into butterflies and I can almost feel sparks as this other person is kissing me. But I quickly shove the person away.

"Harry!" Niall hisses angrily. I look down at the grass, softly touching my tingling lips. Did the kiss mean anything?

"Ciara, just forgive me god dammit," Harry says in frustration as Zayn and Liam grab his arms to keep him from coming closer.

"I don't think I can," I sigh, hugging myself. The temperature is slowly dropping, and it is nearly dark. We need to get to the flat- I don't want to be stuck out here at night, wondering around the woods.

Niall slips his gray sweatshirt around me, staring Harry down while he does. "We need to head back to the flat, mates. It's getting real late." He says, wrapping his arm around me. I bite my lip, comfortable.

Harry notices my reactions to Niall, and his face balls into a mask of emotions. He doesn't utter a word as he turns on his heel and trudges back in the direction of the flat.

We follow in a little swarm, everyone surrounding me in silence.

"Can I stay at the flat tonight?"  I ask quietly, but everyone seems to hear. 

"Of course!"

"Sleepover? Hell yeah!"

"I was afraid you weren't going to ask."

"No duh you can!"

All four replies make me smile like an idiot. "Thanks guys." We enter the flat, and I plop right onto the couch. Everyone else seems to melt after me.

"Guys, I have some news." Liam clears his throat as he stands in front of us. "We're embarking on our tour next week." 

"What?!"

"Oh hell no!"

"What the fu-"

"Guys, guys!" Liam chuckles, calming us. "It's a tour."

"But what about Ciara?!" Niall shrieks from my left.

"We can't leave her in her dump apartment." Louis agrees from my right, shaking his head.

"Which is why I have come up with a solution." Liam smiles goofily at me. "I've met up with Simon. He says that it would be a good idea to have someone travel along with us on tour as a possible guest star for some of our concerts, or just a Mommy Direction to run things smoothly."

My eyes open huge as the guys cheer around me. "But I can't sing. How am I supposed to be your 'guest star'?"

Everyone shuts up and stares at me. "What?!" I blurt, staring back at them.

"You sang in the car. Sounded good to me." Zayn shrugs, scratching his chin.

"Ciara, can you sing one of our songs?" Niall asks, his eyes wide and pleading.

"Okay..." I mutter, struggling out of my seat and in front of the couch, where Liam stood just a minute ago. 

I shut my eyes and begin to sing 'Heart Attack' with all my heart and soul.

Baby, you got me sick,

I don't know what I did,

Need to take a break and figure it out, yeah,

Got your voice in my head,

Sayin' "Let's just be friends,"

Can't believe the words came out of your mouth, yeah

I'm tryna be okay,

I'm tryna be alright,

But seein' you with him,

Just don't feel right.

And I'm like (ow!) never thought it'd hurt so bad

(The boys begin to do their signature 'OW!s')

Gettin' over you-ooh,

And (ow!) you're givin' me a heart attack

Lookin' like you do-ooh,

'Cause you're all I ever wanted,

Thought you would be the one

It's (ow!) givin' me a heart attack,

Gettin' over you-ooh-ooh-ooh.

The boys holler and whoop, and I smile and think to myself, touring with One Direction doesn't sound like a bad idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So some actual touring is going to happen ZOMG.

Is there something wrong with the reads button?? I'm sure we have more than 0 reads... I hope O_O

Have a good dayyy X3

~~Mirkat and Nix