Roar of a Lioness

As soon as the cruel words fell on Pakhi's ear she snapped back to reality. She didn't care if people called her unlucky or what they thought but when she heard those senseless words she almost couldn't believe her ears. Through her teary eyes, she looked at Sai who was looking at Virat.

Sai upon hearing those words looked at Virat. He may be angry with her or not in his sense but he wouldn't listen such words against their child, right? But to her misery, Virat looked away. Sai was beyond shocked , people blamed her unborn child for something he had no hands in.

Just then a feral scream left Pakhi's mouth and she stood up and went towards Sai.

All of them including Sai thought she would also blame her and the Child for her husband's death. Pakhi came towards Sai and stood in front of her.

P:- Why the hell are you still listening to this bull shit and what do you expect? That someone will come to your rescue? No, they won't because all they know is to degrade someone's character.

( she turned around and faced the crowd) What the hell are you all here for? Please don't say to console us or to help us because all of you just came here to watch the drama unfold. Apko andaza bhi h... hm pr kya beet rhi hai? Pathar dil hai aplog. Insaan kehna bhi gunah hona chahiye tum logo ko. Ek bacha jo is duniya me aaya bhi nhi use blame kr rhe ho? Tum sbko bs tamasha chahiye kabhi mei to kabhi sai pr tum jahilo ne to bache ko bhi nhi choda.

(turning towards her so called family) mil gya aap sbko sukoon hm dono ko blame krke? Shivani mausi, Devi tai, Ashwini mami sabit kr diya aap logo ne ki mei hi hun sb fasad ki jad? Aur app log Omi mama and mami nikal li apne Sai se apni khunnas ho gya apka badla pura. Are chahte kya h...aplog hmse? Samrat pati tha mera aur Sai ka bhai jaisa hm bura soch bhi nhi skte the uske baare me pr apko hmare dukh se kya apko to apne andar ka gussa nikalna tha na.
Aur Virat tum, Tumse gira hua aur ghatiya insaan Maine aaj tk nhi dekha jo apne hi bache ke baare me aisi bakwaas sun ke bhi chup rhe tum deserve hi nhi krte baap banna. Mere pati ne jis bache ki jaan bachane ke lie apni jaan tk ki prvah nhi kri us masoom ke sath aap ye kr rhe h...?? Khel bna diya h...meri zindagi ka tum sbne pr ab bss bohot hua tum sbka drama.

She shouted at them with rage and no one dared utter a word she took Sai's hand who was crying uncontrollably and dragged her to her room. she locked the room and broke down. Sai hugged her and both cried. After an hour or so they heard a knock at the door and heard Mohit

M:- Vahini dada ko le jaane ka time ho gya h...please bahar aa jaye

Both of them ran outside. Pakhi hugged Samrat's body and cried. Some people detached her from the body and took him away for last rites. Pakhi went to her room and locked herself and took their wedding photo in her hands and hugged it. She only opened the door at sometime during midnight when she heard Sai calling her

S:- Pakhi didi plz kuch kha le apne subah se nhi khaya kuch

She forwarded the pate. Pakhi was about to refuse when she heard Bhawani

BK:- Kha le Patralekha bhuka rehne se dukh kam nhi hoga tera...smjhti hu teri takleef ko...guzar chuki hu iss dukh se pr zindagi ruk nhi skti h...

Pakhi hugged Bhavani and started crying.

P:- Zindagi to tb jeeyu na jb jeene ki koi vajah ho badi mami...Sb andhera sa lg rha h...mujhe ab. Kuch nhi dikh rha aage.

Bk:- Sabar rakh bada upar wala zindagi deta h...to jeene ki vajah bhi deta h...aur agr nhi de to khud dhund le. Mujhe dekh iss parivar ko maine apni zindagi bna li manti hu bohot gltiyan ki h...pr dil se kbhi bura nhi chaha kisi ka iss jungli mulgi ka bhi nhi...Aur mansi ko dekh usne apna jeevan apne bete aur puja bhakti ko de diya tujhe bhi jeena hoga... Zindagi aksar aise mod or aa jati h.. Jaha se koi rasta na ho aage pr apne raaste khud banana sikh. Khud ko jb sbse aage rakh kr dekhegi to apne aap manzil dikhegi...
Chal ab khana kha tere chakkar me iss ldki ne bhi kuch nhi khaya h...

Pakhi looked at Sai and glared at her.

P:- Tumhara dimaag kharaab h...kya? Khud nhi khana tha to mt khati pr apne bache ko kyu bhuka rakha h...idiot.

S:- Pehle aap khao vrna ye baby apke bina khana nhi chahta

P:- Nautanki chl aa aur mami aap bhi kha lo apne bhi kuch nhi khaya hoga.

They all fed each other a few bites. Although none of them felt any hunger but still ate for each other's sake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~•••••••••~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks passed by in a blink and all the last rites of Samrat were completed. Their daily routine was back to normal and they somehow excepted the unwelcomed change in their life.

Life was back on track for everyone else except the two lonely souls. One was grieving the loss of her husband while the other for her brother like friend.

Virat continued to ignore Sai and if anyhow she comes in his path he would again curse her calling her names.

Sai understood that for her husband love meant nothing just a void promise that he will eventually break either blaming the situation or someone else. She was done with him. The only thing that mattered to her was her child and for her Virat no longer had any rights over it.

Pakhi was somehow passing her days. She barelly steped out of her room. Either Sai or Karishma will bring her food to her room itself. If it wasn't for them she wouldn't even remember to eat. She only stepped out when Sai dragged her out or when her Badi mami called for her. She tried a lot but still couldn't find a reason to live further but suicide was never an option for her.

Both Sai and Pakhi were trying to search the new meaning of life but didn't know where to start.

************************************

One more chapter and u people will get rid of Chavans well at least for a while.

Also jinhe lgta h...ki society ke log itne insensitive nhi hote aur ye sirf serial me dikhate h...A big NO for them. Mujhe bhi aisa lgta tha untill recently when i saw it myself. People love to gossip even about dead people not minding how their family is feeling.