Chapter 1 : Bahrain

« What we call a reason to live is at the same time an excellent reason to die. »
- Albert Camus

❤️   💬   ↗️Liked by arthur_leclerc and 47 873 other people juliavidal Season 2021, here we go ! It's race week 🏁see 368 comments pierregasly Show them what you can do ! 🏆charles_leclerc Can't wait to take you on the track Julitaaaa ❤️

❤️ 💬 ↗️
Liked by arthur_leclerc and 47 873 other people
juliavidal Season 2021, here we go ! It's race week 🏁
see 368 comments
pierregasly Show them what you can do ! 🏆
charles_leclerc Can't wait to take you on the track Julitaaaa ❤️

« It's a beautiful day here in Bahrain. It's the 25th of March and the 2021 Formula 1 season is officially underway ! The drivers are starting to arrive in the paddocks, but it's the McLaren team that has been the most talked about in recent weeks. The arrival of Julia Vidal, the first female driver to compete on a Formula 1 grid for over thirty years, has a lot to do with it ! As you can imagine, her arrival in the competition isn't seen in a very positive light by many. She has a lot to prove on this first Grand Prix weekend ! »

Daniel snatched Julia's phone and locked it under her protests.

— Daniel ! Give me my phone back !
— No ! Not if it's so you can watch this crap !

He put it back in his pocket, and the young woman crossed her arms over her chest, looking sulky.

— And I know that you can't pout at me forever, so you might as well stop now.

He winked at her and she rolled her eyes. Today was a very busy day. Julia was finally going to meet all the drivers, even if she already knew some of them, like Daniel Ricciardo, her teammate.

She could have met them all during the pre-season test, but Julia had been confined to bed with a forty-three degree fever before the test started. Damn flu.

She was going to see Lando again, who had become the team's reserve driver for this season. When she had met him after signing her contract with McLaren, she had expected him to be angry at her for taking his place in the team. Against all odds, he welcomed her with open arms, and even told her that he was very proud to give her his place on the grid, even though he was very disappointed when he was told he would not be racing this year.

Julia was also going to meet up with Charles and Pierre, her two childhood best friends. She was so looking forward to racing with them on the track and running into them every weekend in the paddock. When they were younger, they spent all their free time together, they were inseparable. As time went on, each of them had gone their separate ways, but they had always remained close friends and saw each other regularly.

The car finally arrived at the track, and there were already a lot of people there. As they got out, Julia and Daniel were mobbed by journalists. They both put on their best smile.

— Julia, Daniel ? A picture over here please !
— Julia, how do you feel about this first race ?
— Daniel, how does it feel to compete with a woman ?
— Do you think you'll finish together by the end of the season ?