Chapter 10 : Chaos

« Love has teeth and its bites never heal. »
— Stephen King

❤️     💬     ↗️Liked by landonorris and 394 725 other peoplecarlossainz55 Cheers to your first podium @juliavidal 🥂😘see 1270 comments juliavidal ❤️katerinaberezhna yaasss that's my girl 🎉😍

❤️     💬     ↗️
Liked by landonorris and 394 725 other people
carlossainz55 Cheers to your first podium @juliavidal 🥂😘
see 1270 comments
juliavidal ❤️
katerinaberezhna yaasss that's my girl 🎉😍

The after-race was without respite, and Julia only had time to catch her breath when she found herself in the shower, which she was taking before going to the restaurant with some of the drivers this evening. She felt like she was in a dream. With everything that had happened between the end of the race and now, she hadn't really taken the time to realize that she'd come third. While it might seem ridiculous to get so excited about a simple third-place finish, Julia disagreed. Third place meant more to her than anyone could have imagined. It was a second victory against all the people who told her she had no chance in this sport. The first was her signature with McLaren.

The young woman showered and dressed in a pretty black dress with three-quarter length sleeves reaching mid-thigh, then slipped on heels of the same color. She put on very light make-up and let her hair air-dry. Once ready, she grabbed her bag and jacket, then left her room for the hotel lobby. Downstairs, she was greeted by Pierre and Katerina, whom she hadn't seen yet.

— Julia ! exclaimed the Ukrainian, throwing herself into her arms.
— Kate ! replied Julia, hugging her and happy to see her friend again.
— Congratulations on your race, darling, you were amazing ! she said, kissing her cheek.
— Thank you so much ! How are you ?
— Well, I'm doing great ! I've got a lot of work to do at the moment, but I'm going to try and free myself up to attend a few Grand Prix so I can come and cheer you on.
— That's a great idea ! So you can calm down your boyfriend the gossip girl !

Katerina and Julia burst out laughing as Pierre gave them the finger.

— You have no idea how many secrets I know !
— Oh yes, I'm sure you know some. Probably some I'm glad I don't know ! joked Julia.

« If you only knew...» thought Pierre, recalling a conversation he'd had with Charles a few months earlier.

Nine months earlier, July 18, 2020, in Monaco.

Charles, Pierre, Julia, Lorenzo and Arthur had decided to spend the day together on the Leclerc family boat. It was a warm day in Monaco, and Charles, who was piloting the boat, had moved away from the coast so that they could be more at peace.

Julia was in the water with Arthur and Lorenzo trying to get her under. The Monegasque was watching the scene with a smile on his face, which did not escape the eyes of Pierre, who had also remained on the boat.

— When are you going to tell her ? said the latter, moving closer to his best friend.
— Tell who what ? Charles pretended not to understand.
— That's right, take me for a ham, Carrefour Market.
— You've really got to stop calling me that !
— Don't change the subject, Casino !