Chapter 4 : Jealousy

« There are not two loves in a man's life, there is only one, as deep as the sea, but without a shore. » — Honoré de Balzac

❤️   💬   ↗️Liked by pierregasly and 210 255 other people juliavidal Night out in Bahrain 😎 📸 @carlossainz55see 826 comments landonorris You look so cool girl, can we be friends ?↪️ carlossainz55 She's already my friend, I won't share her with u...

❤️   💬   ↗️
Liked by pierregasly and 210 255 other people
juliavidal Night out in Bahrain 😎
📸 @carlossainz55
see 826 comments
landonorris You look so cool girl, can we be friends ?
↪️ carlossainz55 She's already my friend, I won't share her with u
danielricciardo 🕺🕺

Sunday, after the race

Julia was exhausted. She had barely set foot in her hotel room when the clock struck nine. After her race, she had been interviewed by several journalists, who, for once, had asked her some pertinent questions. She then spent a good hour debriefing the race with her team-mate and the whole team. After all that, it was time to leave, but hundreds of fans were waiting outside the exit, clamouring for photos and autographs. The
young woman had wanted to take the time to stop and chat with them a little, and to respond to their requests. She had received so much love, and the people waiting for her outside had all expressed their pride in the French driver's first results.

Julia was still on cloud nine when she headed for the bathroom to take a shower. She had an appointment at eleven o'clock in the hotel lobby for her evening out with the boys. She basked in the shower for a while, before getting out about ten minutes later. She dressed in light blue jeans, a white top with thin satin straps, a slightly oversized black blazer and a pair of heels. She put on very light make-up, as Julia didn't particularly like wearing tons of make-up. Firstly because she didn't have the time, and secondly because she didn't know much about the business.

Seeing that she still had some time to spare, Julia sat down on her bed with her phone and took a look at social medias. She was trending on Twitter, but not all the messages were positive.

Fred @fred_jpl
A woman in F1, that's something ! Back to the kitchen @juliavidal 🤣🤣
💬 173 🔁 103 ❤️ 283

Emmaaa @emmatlm
Thank you @juliavidal for proving to all those fucking misogynists that a woman can make it in F1 thanks to her talent 🙌
💬 250 🔁 593 ❤️ 3849

Lucas @lucasflow
Julia Vidal has won the F2 and F3 world championships and is now one of the top 20 drivers in the world, despite the macho attitude of those who still believe that F1 is a man's sport.
💬 194 🔁 1483 ❤️ 5826

The young woman smiled as she read all the people she didn't know defending her against those who insulted her and questioned her place in the competition. Unfortunately, she was used to criticism and misogynistic comments. She'd been receiving them for years. In fact, she couldn't understand why men were so reluctant to have a woman in Formula 1, especially as the competition had never been properly restricted to men.