Chapter 13 : Confusion

« ... just when I'd managed to find all the answers, all the questions changed. »
— Paulo Coelho

❤️     💬     ↗️Liked by charles_leclerc and 492 187 other people juliavidal Hello Portugal 🇵🇹 📸 @pierregasly see 2850 comments carlossainz55 😍landonorris Girl is slaying 💅

❤️     💬     ↗️
Liked by charles_leclerc and 492 187 other people
juliavidal Hello Portugal 🇵🇹
📸 @pierregasly
see 2850 comments
carlossainz55 😍
landonorris Girl is slaying 💅

— Pierre, I'm going to kick your fucking ass !

Charles and Pierre both died laughing, while Julia wiped her face. She'd been sunbathing peacefully when the Frenchman had grabbed her by surprise and thrown her into the pool.

— The least you can do is come and help me now, you idiot !

Still laughing his head off, he held out his hand, which she grabbed, but instead of using it to get out of the water, she pulled him towards her, so that Pierre fell in too.

— You're really not the penguin who slides the furthest on the ice floe, laughed Julia.
— Even I wouldn't have fallen for that, added the Monegasque, bent double.
— Fuck you both, he replied in bad faith.

Julia splashed him to relax him, but they were interrupted by Pierre's phone ringing. He scrambled out of the water and away from the pool, informing his friends that it was Katerina.

— Say hello for me ! screamed Julia, as he answered with a finger of honor. What kindness...

Charles and Julia burst out laughing, then the young woman leaned against the edge of the pool to get out. She sat down, wringing out her hair and leaving her legs in the water. The Monegasque hesitated for a moment, but decided to join her, settling into the same position as her, their knees brushing against each other. It was the first time they'd been together since their kiss.

There was a peaceful silence, during which the two friends remained obsessed by the movements of the water, before Charles decided to speak.

— How was your week ?
— I've hardly had time to breathe, what about you ?
— Same, he smiles.

Julia lost herself in thought. This week had indeed flown by. She'd spent a few days in England training on the simulator for the Portuguese Grand Prix, then had a series of meetings with the team and its sponsors before flying off to Portugal. And yet, despite her hectic schedule, not a single day went by without her thinking about that famous kiss.

Every day, she thought back to the moment she'd dreamed of for as long as she'd known Charles. But she also thought of Carlos, who always managed to find his way into her thoughts, and towards whom she felt guilty. She felt she'd betrayed him by kissing his team-mate, even though they hadn't promised each other anything. In fact, they hadn't even discussed the kiss they'd exchanged on the doorstep of his hotel room on the night of the Italian Grand Prix.

Julia was completely lost. She didn't know what to do, torn between the two men.

— What are you thinking about ? asked Charles, snapping her out of her thoughts.
— Too many things, murmured Julia, resting her head on his shoulder.