Chapter 3 : Race day

« The most beautiful emotions are the ones you can't explain. » — Charles Baudelaire

 » — Charles Baudelaire

👤 juliavidal

❤️ 💬 ↗️
Liked by juliavidal and 89 927 other people
mclaren It's race day ! 🏎️🏁
see 179 comments
juliavidal 🔥🔥🔥
kpz_lp923 Can't wait to see her in the wall 🤣

Sunday, race day

When Julia's alarm went off, it was exactly seven o'clock. She reached over and switched it off immediately, before opening one eye to discover that Pierre had run off, leaving her alone with Charles. He was deeply asleep and didn't even seem to have heard the alarm, which made Julia smile. Charles had always been a great sleeper, and she couldn't count the number of times he'd been late for school just because he hadn't heard his alarm clock.

The young woman also became aware of the position in which she had fallen asleep. She was lying on her side, just a few centimetres from Charles, who had wrapped his arm around her waist to hold her firmly against him. Julia looked at the Monegasque, who seemed completely at peace, and her heart began to beat a little faster.

Nevertheless, Charlotte's face appeared in the young woman's mind, and she couldn't help feeling guilty. Charles's girlfriend had never been very fond of his relationship with Julia, probably because she had always seen her as a rival. Which, in a way, wasn't entirely untrue.

Julia had always had a soft spot for Charles, but she had never dared admit it to him. Partly because she'd never known if it was mutual, partly because she didn't want to spoil their friendship, which was far too important to her, more important than anything else. Charles and Charlotte had been a couple for two years now, and Julia had resigned herself to the fact that she didn't stand a chance with Charles. They were just best friends.

Julia had never had any luck with men. Her longest relationship lasted eight months, and he ended up cheating on her. Since then, she had preferred to concentrate on her career, and love would come when she least expected it. All she wanted was a kind, caring man, but above all, a man who would understand her passion for Formula 1.

Charles began to move, and finally opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was Julia's face, her two brown pupils looking at him with tenderness and amusement. He smiled, still half asleep.

— Hi, murmured the Monegasque.
— Hi, groundhog, replied Julia.
— Oh, I didn't hear the alarm, did I ? sighed Charles, rubbing his eyes.
— It rang at least ten minutes ago, giggled the young woman.

Charles sighed and laughed at the same time, then turned back to Julia. He tucked a lock of hair back behind her ear, and silence fell over them, but it wasn't awkward. Nevertheless, Julia quickly put an end to it, refusing to lose herself in the Monegasque's beautiful eyes.

— We really need to get up if we want to be on time, she told him, freeing herself from his embrace.

Charles noticed Julia's slight unease and wanted to ask her why, but she spoke again before he had the chance.