Chapter 6 : Words that hurt

«Words wound the soul, words strike hard at the heart, and silence kills. »
— Jessica Simard

👤 charles_leclerc / juliavidal

❤️ 💬 ↗️
Liked by joris_trouche and 52 378 other people
lorenzotl Skin care time 🧖‍♀️🧖
see 87 comments
juliavidal 😂
charles_leclerc Baby skin afterwards, better feeling 😍

— Be careful kids !
— I promise ! exclaimed Charles and Julia in unison.

The door closed as the two pilots passed through the gate. They were now in the street, and it was already dark.

— Did you come on foot ? asked the Monegasque, not seeing his best friend's car.
— Yes, I wanted to enjoy Monaco and the sun a bit earlier on.
— I'll take you back then.
— Don't bother, it's not very far, I can make it on my own, smiled Julia.
— It's dark and I don't feel comfortable letting you go on your own. It's non-negotiable, Julita, contradicted Charles with a smile.

Julia conceded defeat and let her best friend take her away in his Ferrari. When he started, the engine roared powerfully, sending shivers down Julia's spine.

— Nice company car, she teased him.
— It's true that I'm not too badly off, he conceded with a shrug.

They both burst out laughing, and Charles set off towards Julia's home. The journey didn't last long, but there was a strange silence. Charles wondered how to broach the subject that had been nagging at him for days now, while Julia watched the city go by through the car window. A few seconds later, he parked at the foot of Julia's block of flats.

Finally, he took a deep breath and broke the silence :

— Julia, can I ask you a question ?
— Of course, I'm all ears.

Charles lowered his eyes. He felt ashamed to ask her that, he didn't really have the right, but he couldn't help it. He raised his head and met Julia's gaze, which seemed worried.

— Is everything all right, Charles ? she asked.
— Could there be something going on between you and Carlos ? I mean, something more than just a friendship ? said the Monegasque with a whisper.

The young woman recoiled at this unexpected question. She remained silent for a few seconds before coming to her senses.

— Why are you asking me this ? replied Julia, her eyebrows furrowed.
— I've seen you quite close, you spend a lot of time together, so I was wondering...
— Charles... Are you jealous ?
— No, it's not that, I just want to know if you could fall in love with him, he insisted.

Julia's eyes widened when she heard what he had just said.

— Are you seriously asking me if I could go out with your team-mate, who I've only known for three days, just because you've seen me talking and laughing with him ? retorted the pilot, who was starting to get annoyed by her best friend's behaviour.