Chapter 15 : A week-end to forget ?

« You have a place in my heart that no one else will ever have. »
— F. Scott Fitzgerald

❤️     💬     ↗️Liked pierregasly and 427 175 other people carlossainz55 Nothing, just Julia proudly messing around on Lando's computersee 1628 comments landonorris Now I understand why I had a photo of Carlos shirtless in the background ↪️ juliav...

❤️     💬     ↗️
Liked pierregasly and 427 175 other people
carlossainz55 Nothing, just Julia proudly messing around on Lando's computer
see 1628 comments
landonorris Now I understand why I had a photo of Carlos shirtless in the background
↪️ juliavidal It was already there when I opened your computer, we actually wondered about it...
juliavidalfanaccount She's so beautiful 🥹❤️

May 9, 2021, Barcelona

— P8 Julia, P8.
— And Daniel ?
— P6 for Daniel.
— Copy.

Julia let out a sigh. This was her worst result since the start of the season, and she wasn't at all pleased with herself. She'd managed no better than ninth place in qualifying the day before, today she'd received a warning from the FIA for zigzagging a little too much, and her one-place gain was only thanks to Alpine's strategic error of opting for a single pit stop. No, the young woman was decidedly not satisfied, she felt mediocre.

She got out of her car and quickly went to greet her team-mate, without removing her helmet. She also weighed in, and it was only when she was alone in her driver's room that she removed it, before sitting down on the floor at the foot of her bed. Her moment of respite was short-lived, however, when Charlotte knocked on the door and popped her head in.

— Julia, we're waiting for you for the interviews.
— Be right there.

The PR nodded before closing the door. The Frenchwoman sighed and stood up. She took just enough time to lower her suit to hip height, put on a cap and have a drink, before joining Charlotte, who was waiting for her outside.

Julia made no secret of her disappointment during the interviews, for which she took full responsibility.

— I don't know what happened this weekend, she confessed, looking at images of the race. The car was fine, the strategy was right, there were no communication problems with the team, I just didn't manage to reach the level expected of me this weekend. It happens, and I'm the one and only responsible for this result.

Behind her, the Monegasque was waiting his turn to go on Canal's microphone, and he listened very attentively to Julia's words. If there was one thing they had in common, it was their self-criticism. They were both very hard on themselves, and they didn't hesitate to take full responsibility for events, even when it wasn't their fault. The two youngsters always found something to complain about in their performances, a few things to improve on, and that's what made them such good drivers. They never rested on their laurels.

— In two weeks, the Monaco Grand Prix takes place - your first in Formula 1, by the way. Do you consider it your home race ?
— Monaco is where I grew up, where I matured, and where I met all the people who mean the most to me. To tell the truth, I'm much more attached to Monaco than to France, because I have so many more memories there. So yes, I also consider Monaco my home race, even if I don't forget my French roots, which will always have a special place in my heart, smiles Julia.
— We're looking forward to seeing you there, and hope you can climb the podium. Thank you very much, Julia, smiled Laurent Dupin, whom the young woman also thanked.