Chapter 5 : Home

« Unexpressed emotions never die. They are buried alive and released later in uglier ways. »
— Sigmund Freud

❤️     💬     ↗️Liked by valentinesine and 527 649 other people charles_leclerc About last night @charlottesiine ❤️see 2947 comments charlottesiine ❤️itsmeolivia damn, dating Charles must be a fairytale fr

❤️     💬     ↗️
Liked by valentinesine and 527 649 other people
charles_leclerc About last night @charlottesiine ❤️
see 2947 comments
charlottesiine ❤️
itsmeolivia damn, dating Charles must be a fairytale fr

Julia had a difficult time waking up the next morning. She immediately regretted having drunk too much and promised herself she wouldn't do it again. Just like every day after a party.

So it was Monday twenty-nine March, and the next race wasn't for another three weeks, in Italy. The Frenchwoman was resting for the next six days, and she was going to take the opportunity to return home to Monaco to see her family. Her plane left at 4pm, so she still had a little time to spare.

Julia decided to get up, seeing that it was already eleven o'clock and that her stomach was crying out. She took a shower, which woke her up a little, then dressed in comfortable clothes, namely a pair of jogging shorts and a sweatshirt bearing the logo of her team. She tied her hair up in a ponytail and grabbed her things before leaving her room for breakfast.

For the second time, she went outside just as Carlos was passing her room. They both burst out laughing, but Julia winced as it made her head hurt.

— I'm going to start thinking you're doing it on purpose, smiled Julia as she kissed him on the cheeks.
— I swear I'm not a stalker, he said innocently, raising his hands in the air.

Julia giggled, and they took the lift together.

— How's your head ? asked Carlos, amused by the look on her face.
— Don't even mention it. You can't do that, you don't even look tired ! You look like you went to bed early, she grumbled.

The Scuderia driver burst out laughing, and then the lift arrived. They made their way to the ground floor, then to the breakfast room where they found Pierre, who was wearing sunglasses and seemed to be asleep in his cereal bowl, Daniel, who was more awake than ever, as if he hadn't gone to bed at six in the morning, Charles and Lando, who were also half-asleep, and Lewis, who was making fun of the hangovers.

Julia and Carlos helped themselves to breakfast and then joined their colleagues. When Charles saw them arrive together, he barely held back a sigh. Julia sat down next to Pierre, giving him a tap on the shoulder, which startled the Frenchman.

— Fucking hell, Julia, he grumbled, returning the shoulder blow.
— Hello to you too, Gasly, smiled the young woman.
— I'll never drink another drop of alcohol, he grumbled, rubbing his eyes.
— Funny, I was thinking the same thing this morning. And the last time I had a hangover too, replied Julia.

The pilots burst out laughing, then the discussions resumed, notably about everyone's plans for the next three weeks.

— What about you, Julia ? asked Daniel. Are you going back to Monaco ?
— Yes, agreed the young woman. I'm going to spend some time with my family and get some rest.
— I didn't know you were going back to Monaco ! Charles shouted indignantly.
— We haven't really had a chance to talk about it, Julia shrugged.