Chapter 7 : Knowing how to forgive

« There's nothing noisier than the silence between two people who loved each other. »
— Anonymous

❤️     💬     ↗️Liked by user2284 and 42 159 other people f1gossips @carlossainz55 and @juliavidal arrived together at the Emilia Romagna circuit this morning !see 529 comments carlandofan I mean

❤️     💬     ↗️
Liked by user2284 and 42 159 other people
f1gossips @carlossainz55 and @juliavidal arrived together at the Emilia Romagna circuit this morning !
see 529 comments
carlandofan I mean... they look like the hit couple of the paddocks 😍
shelleyrussell I'm not gonna lie, I have a crush on them

3 weeks later

— I didn't expect there to be so many. There's going to be more chatter on social medias, sighed Julia as Carlos pulled into the circuit's private car park.
— Who cares if they talk ? he replied, shrugging her shoulders carelessly.
— On social medias, yes, but that will create rumours, and rumours mean questions, and questions mean journalists, and journalists mean...
— Okay, okay, I get it, he interrupted, laughing. All you have to do is say it's none of their business, and I'll do the same.

He reassured the young woman by gently squeezing her thigh, and Julia nodded. They both got out of the car and grabbed their things before setting off for the paddock.

Over the last three weeks, the two drivers had spoken to each other every day, either by message or by telephone. They had got to know each other by talking about their passions, their lives in general, as well as the banalities that are nevertheless necessary to get to know someone. They sometimes had long discussions and debates on more or less existential questions. Carlos was kind, funny, intelligent, patient and a good listener. She had to admit that he was charming, and that she liked him more and more since they started talking every day. Everything was natural between them, and Julia found that really pleasant.

On the way, they passed Pierre and Yuki. The French driver hugged his best friend, as they hadn't seen each other since the last race.

— Julitaaaa, I missed you girl, he exclaimed, ruffling Julia's hair.
— Me too, until ten seconds ago, she grinned, tapping the back of his head.

Yuki and Carlos laughed as they watched the two friends bicker. The four drivers took the time to chat for a few moments, but Yuki received an urgent phone call, and Carlos was asked to come in by Mattia. He apologised to Pierre and Julia, and kissed Julia on the temple before setting off for his stable. Pierre smiled and raised his eyebrows when he saw Julia blush.

— So, you and Carlos, eh ?
— There's nothing going on. We're just good friends, she replied nonchalantly.
— Of course, I wasn't thinking of anything else ! the Frenchman falsely offended.

Julia punched him in the shoulder in response.

— On a more serious note, have you spoken to Charles since your argument ?

The young pilot withdrew immediately. She crossed her arms over her chest and looked away. Charles had tried to contact her every day of the week following their argument, but she had never replied. The next two weeks had been very busy for both the Frenchwoman and the Monegasque, which had allowed Julia not to dwell too much on the altercation. However, she was still hurt by the words of the man she thought was her best friend.