Chapter 17 : Officialisation

« The love I feel cannot be made known through words ; no, words will not make this love understood, nor the way I feel it : heart cannot imagine it, nor language speak it. What I say is nothing compared to what grips my chest so tightly. »

— Giacomo Da Lentini, Plaintes d'un amant

❤     💬     ↗️Liked by riccardoberetta and 41 048 other people mlnmarta Bestie @juliavidal ❤️see 230 comments juliavidal Love you to the moon and back 🤍joris_trouche Slaying hard here 😎

❤     💬     ↗️
Liked by riccardoberetta and 41 048 other people
mlnmarta Bestie @juliavidal ❤️
see 230 comments
juliavidal Love you to the moon and back 🤍
joris_trouche Slaying hard here 😎

May 10 2021, Monaco

The evening drew to a close, and little by little, the group of friends dissolved. Julia and Charles were the last to leave, after helping Nico clean up and tidy up, the latter having been relatively drunk. The Monegasque even helped him into bed before he left, as he was unable to climb the stairs to his room. Julia was filming them with her phone, dead with laughter, as their friend began disastrously singing Wannabe by the Spice Girls.

— Man, please stop the disaster, grinned Charles as they finally reached the floor.
— Are you questioning my singing talent ? Nico stammered, throwing himself onto his bed.
— When you're under the alcohol, yes.

He probably didn't hear Charles' reply, as he started snoring after just a few seconds. The Monegasque smiled as he rolled his eyes, then went back downstairs to join Julia, who had just gathered their things and checked that everything was locked.

— Ready to go ?
— I was just waiting for you, smiled the young woman, handing him his sweatshirt.

Charles grabbed it, then they both headed for the exit, taking care to lock the door with the spare key that was hidden under a flowerpot. By the time they reached their respective cars, the two lovers had no desire to leave each other.

— Do you want to sleep at my place ? Julia suggested with a pout that Charles found adorable.
— I've been dying to ask you, he admitted, placing a kiss on her temple. I just need to pick up a few things at my place.
— I'll wait for you at home then.
— Yes, but I want a kiss first.

Julia smiled, then approached Charles, who embraced her tenderly around the waist. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and felt the butterflies in her stomach, a familiar sensation she was enjoying more and more. She was so in love with him, even wondering if she wasn't a little crazy to love him so much.

Sometimes, the immensity of her love frightened her, because the more time passed, the more she fell in love with him, and the more his absence seemed inconceivable. She was becoming more and more dependent on Charles, and that wasn't necessarily a good thing, she was aware. But right now, she didn't really cared. What mattered right now was that he was there, kissing her and not someone else.