Chapter 16 : About time

« With certain very rare beings, you shouldn't speak. You'd have to be in their arms right away, caressing their face, eyelids, cheeks, lips, brushing them with a finger, slowly at first, then in a kiss, passionately. Kissing. Embrace. Words are useless. Words would come later to confirm what the bodies had known from the first moments. »
— Laurence Tardieu, Un temps fou

❤️     💬     ↗️Liked by charles_leclerc and 620 820 other people juliavidal Home 🇲🇨see 1301 comments  mlnmarta 😍😍guizou02 Moi jveux savoir qui a pris la photo (I want to know who took the picture)↪️ juliavidal Qu'est-ce que ça peut te foutre ...

❤️     💬     ↗️
Liked by charles_leclerc and 620 820 other people
juliavidal Home 🇲🇨
see 1301 comments 
mlnmarta 😍😍
guizou02 Moi jveux savoir qui a pris la photo (I want to know who took the picture)
↪️ juliavidal Qu'est-ce que ça peut te foutre ? 🤣 (What do you care ?)
↪️ guizou02 @julividal tu m'connais, j'aime bien les commérages 😈😈 (you know me, I love to gossip)

May 10, 2021, Monaco

Charles and Julia haven't left each other's side since last night. They spent the night in each other's arms and returned to Monaco together. It had been hard for them to leave each other at the airport, but they would see each other again in the evening, with their group of friends.

As Julia was putting her clothes away in her dressing room, her phone began to ring. Carlos was trying to call her on video. She hesitated for a moment, but decided it was better to pick up.

— Hi Carlos.
— Charles, what about you ? he attacked immediately.
— I'm...
— Don't try to deny it. I've seen how you are with him.
— I wasn't going to deny it. I wanted to tell you, but I didn't know when or how. We hadn't promised each other anything Carlos, except to have a good time together, the young woman justified.
— I know, but the fact remains that I care about you a little more than that, and that hurts, admitted the Spanish, looking disappointed.
— I'm really sorry.

A heavy silence followed, during which Julia kept her head down, and Carlos sighed.

— It's better that it happens now than that I get more attached, I guess...
— I want you to know that I haven't been toying with you. I really... I was really attached to you Carlos, but Charles...

Julia paused and took a deep breath.

— We've known each other since we were kids, and for as long as I can remember, I've been in love with him. I just never had the guts to tell him, because I didn't want to spoil our friendship. I was too afraid of losing him because of my feelings. But last night I found out it was mutual, and I didn't hesitate for a second.

Even though Carlos was a little angry with Julia, he could only understand. And as he tried to put himself in her shoes, he too would surely have done the same.

— I think I understand, he admitted.
— I'm really sorry.
— I'll get over it, he joked.

The young woman returned his smile before the pilot excused himself, as he had things to do. When she hung up, she felt a huge weight lifted off her shoulders. She just hoped that this story wouldn't create tensions between the two Scuderia team-mates.