Chapter 8 : Difficulties

« Falling in love : there's something about this expression that feels like a trap, like being caught with one foot in the carpet. The trap is there, from the very first word.
In French ? Tomber amoureux.
In Canada ? Tomber en amour.
What if the root of all our woes was grammatical ? »
— Christine Orban

❤️     💬     ↗️Liked by alex_albon and 384 047 other people juliavidal I just ran into these two weird guys

❤️     💬     ↗️
Liked by alex_albon and 384 047 other people
juliavidal I just ran into these two weird guys. Does anyone know them ? One of them seems fucking rude 😬
see 1926 comments
carlossainz55 The one on the right is a fucking hunk 😎
charles_leclerc 😂

Saturday, qualifying day

« Qualifying has just come to an end, and like yesterday's free practice, it was very complicated for some drivers, notably Yuki Tsunoda, who will start from last place tomorrow following his accident in Q1. Here's the grid : Lewis Hamilton will start at the head of the field, closely followed by the two RedBulls of Sergio Pérez and Max Verstappen ! As three weeks ago, Charles Leclerc will start fourth, just ahead of Gasly and Ricciardo. Julia Vidal will start from seventh place. Remember that she finished second in FP3 yesterday, and that her fastest time in Q3 was cancelled because she drove beyond the limits of the track ! Just behind her are Bottas, Esteban Ocon's Alpine and Stroll. Then comes Sainz, who was in trouble today with the Ferrari, then Russell, Vettel, Latifi, Alonso, Räikkönen, Giovinazzi, Mick Schumacher, Nikita Mazepin, and finally Tsunoda. See you tomorrow for the start of the Grand-Prix ! »

Julia extricated herself from her car, but didn't remove her helmet immediately as was her custom. She apologized to her mechanics and locked herself in her driver room. Only then did she remove her helmet, letting out a sigh. Seventh place wasn't bad, but she wasn't proud of her performance today. She was capable of doing better, and she knew it, which was precisely what frustrated her so much. She decided to take a few minutes with herself to cool down a bit.

Once she'd calmed down, she went out and met up with her team to discuss qualifying. They talked about adjustments to be made, ways of handling certain corners differently. A whole host of technical details to improve, which could really make a difference.

Julia then swapped her overalls for simpler clothes : jeans, a T-shirt and a McLaren cap. Charlotte joined her and accompanied her to the interview area, where several drivers were present, including Charles, who was already chatting to a journalist. Julia was immediately snapped up by one of them, but the Monegasque noticed his best friend's rather closed face, and knew immediately that she wasn't happy with her results.

The journalist thanked Charles for his attention, and Charles smiled at him. He then moved towards Julia, who didn't see him coming as her back was to him.

— No, it's not the result we'd hoped for, but I've had a long talk with my team about what went wrong today. We have a few adjustments to make for tomorrow, the young woman replied to the journalist who had just asked her a question.