Chapter 14 : Back to the start

« But life separates those who love each other... »
— Jacques Prévert

 »— Jacques Prévert

👤 juliavidal

❤️     💬     ↗️
Liked by mlnmarta and 54 028 other people
katerinaberezhna Proud of you babe 🤍
see 150 comments
juliavidal Love u girl ❤️ (pls take me back to this trip 😭)
↪️ katerinaberezhna I wish 😭
pierregasly I'm starting to wonder if u don't love Julia more than your own bf 🙄
↪️ katerinaberezhna Don't be jealous, I love u too honey ❤️

« Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes crossed the line first, marking the British driver's 97th victory ! Behind him were Max Verstappen and Valtteri Bottas. The second Red Bull driver finished fourth, followed by Julia Vidal, who once again drove a very solid race to finish in fifth place ! She was chased by her friend, Charles Leclerc, who struggled with the SF21 today, as did Carlos Sainz, who finished in eleventh place. Pierre Gasly picked up the point for tenth place. The drivers' standings for the championship are tightening, with Lewis Hamilton taking the lead on 69 points, followed by Max Verstappen on 61 and Julia Vidal on 37. It's only the start of the season, but it's already shaping up to be a very promising one ! »

May 3, 2021, Monaco

— YOU WHAT ?!

Julia clamped her hand over Marta's mouth, her eyes wide with shock at what her friend had just told her. Riccardo and Charles looked at them, frowning, while Julia reassured them with a big smile before taking Marta's hand and leading them out onto the balcony. She closed the door behind her, then turned to Marta, who was still in a state of shock.

— Could you keep it down ? I'd rather keep it between us ! Julia scolded her as she sat down on a chair.
— You slept with Carlos ! murmured the Monegasque, holding back as best she could to keep from screaming.
— You should say it one more time, just so the boys know, muttered the Frenchwoman sarcastically.
— Excuse me, I've got to digest this information, Marta huffed as she sat back in her chair.

Julia sighed and began massaging her temples, her headache hadn't let up since last night. The morning after her wild night with Carlos had been perfect. He'd woken her gently with breakfast in bed, and they'd finally had a chance to discuss their relationship. The two had agreed that they weren't committing to anything concrete at the moment. They would simply have a good time when the opportunity arose, without headaches or promises.

After an idyllic night and morning, Carlos left his room with some difficulty, after many good-bye kisses. Julia then went to the circuit for the press day, and locked herself in a bubble where she could only think about the race weekend. She hadn't had time to see Charles or Pierre, and that was just as well. She didn't want to see the Monegasque with Charlotte, and she didn't want to see Pierre either, as she certainly wouldn't have had the strength to hide what had happened with Carlos from him.