Chapter 13. Breakthrough (Sexual content)

Bucky woke up first, pleased to see Paige's head on his shoulder and her hand on his chest

Bucky woke up first, pleased to see Paige's head on his shoulder and her hand on his chest.  He placed his hand on hers which made her stir, so he kissed her head and whispered for her to sleep some more while he showered and made them something to eat as it was almost noon.

"No, I should get up and shower," she murmured.

"I'll only be in there for a few minutes," he replied.  "You can have the shower after."

"Okay," she yawned, rolling away from him and curling up while pulling the covers off of him.

Smiling he got out, grabbed some clean clothes out of his go bag and headed to the shower.  When he came out five minutes later, she was still curled up, snoring lightly so he left her there and went out to the kitchen.  Paige's cell phone was plugged in, and he saw several messages for her on the lock screen.   One was from the hospital.  Unplugging it he brought the phone into the bedroom.

"Paige?" He spoke a little loudly.  "You had a call from the hospital."

Immediately, she sat up and he handed her the phone.  She unlocked it and looked at the messages, then called her voice mail for the message from the hospital.  As she listened to it her face dropped.

"He woke up an hour ago, but I wasn't there." She began to cry.  Bucky put his arms around her, stroking her back as she reacted to the news.  When she finally got her emotions under control, she looked up at him, the anguish of feeling like a failure clear on her face.  "I only came home because they told me I needed some self-care.  He lost it and they were phoning so I could talk to him.  They must think I'm the worst mother in the world."

"No, you're not," he answered, kissing her head.  "Get up, have a quick shower, get dressed and we'll go over there.  I can stop at the drive thru and get us some lunch."

Sniffing, she nodded her head and went into the bathroom, taking her phone with her in case they called again.  Ten minutes later they were on their way, having packed some underwear, a toothbrush, and toothpaste, stopping briefly at the drive thru to get some lunch, plus a kid's meal for Noah.  When they arrived at the hospital, they both had to put the isolation gowns on.  Even though Bucky argued about being immune to everything, the staff put their foot down and said the rules applied to everyone.  Paige went in first, taking the kid's meal in with her.  As soon as Noah saw her, he began to cry.

"Where were you?" he wailed.  "I woke up and you weren't here."

"I know, I'm sorry," she stammered.  "I was so tired and the doctors in the emergency room and up here said I should go home and get some sleep so that when I came back, I could be better just for you."

"You should have been here," pouted Noah.  "I want to go home!"

"I know, but you can't," replied Paige as he turned his head away.  "Baby, look at me."