Chapter Fourteen [A Look At The Past]

A/N - Hey guys! Thank you for adding this story in your reading lists! That means a lot. Also, please send me covers. The one that's on right now...I made it using the wattpad covers app and I need a different one unless you guys think this is good enough. By the way, get ready for a HUGE time skip and some surprises. 😏😉

- 8 months later -

Sabrina's POV

It's been 8 months! And Bradley hasn't woken up yet. My phone rang.

"Heeeellllooooooo."

"Hey Sab, it's Jake."

"Oh hey, what's up."

"Nothing, just checking if my baby girl's ok."

*smiles* "I'm fine Jake."

"Have any plans?"

"Nope."

"Can I come over?"

"Sure!"

"Nice, see you in an hour or so. I love you."

"I love you too Jakey. Bye."

"Bye Saby."

Yup! Jake and I are a couple now. He asked me out 4 months ago. The reason I'm dating him is 1. To get over Bradley because I know it's never going to happen and 2. I've been developing a crush on Jake because for what he did for me after the day Jack told me the news. I still daydream about that day.

Don't think it's possible? Well - think again!

*flashback*

"Hey, Sabrina." Jake said knocking on my door.

"Oh, hey Jake." I smiled. He smiled back. "Why'd you bring a bag?" I asked as soon as I saw a bag slung over his shoulders.

"I'm gonna kill you. That's why." He said seriously but I saw that playful look in his eyes. "I'm kidding. I have food in here - not to mention a melting ice cream..." I laughed and so did he. He sat beside me on my couch. Yes, I have a small couch - that can only fit 3 people - in my room. "You can put the ice cream in the fridge right there." And he did.

"I brought movies. What do you wanna watch?" He asked looking at me.

"What do you - " I turned to face him and froze. His face was just a few centimeters from mine and we were now gazing into each other's eyes. "....have...?" I finished.

"It's in a....uhm...usb." He replied still looking into my eyes.

"Oh.." I said realizing but still not breaking eye contact. I never exactly paid attention to Jake, and I'm wondering why now - of all days does the universe decide to make me and him....connect.

"Jake..." I softly said after a minute or so.

"Yeah?"

"The....uh...the movie." I said still not breaking contact.

"Oh right." He took one last look and got his laptop and plugged his usb in. "I have...." He started listing down movies and when he finished I decided on either The Fault In Our Stars or If I Stay.

"So?" He asked.

"It's either TFIOS or If I Stay. Can't pick." I said pouting.

"You won't have to. We can watch both." He smiled.

"Oh, but if we can watch 2 movies I'll just watch TFIOS. What do you wanna watch?" I asked him.

"Hey, today's about you Sabrina. After everything you've been through this week." He said standing up and closing the curtains so it was dark. "Can we move to the floor?" He asked me.

I gave him a questioning look. "What? There's more space!" He said pointing at the floor. "Besides, we can lean on the side of your bed."

"Okay fine." I gave up.

He brought his laptop on a pillow...which he got from my bed and some blankets. I sat beside him while he put his arm around me. For some reason I felt something I only feel when I'm with Bradley. Holy - no way.

I like Jake Short!

What in the world is wrong with me and boys? Oh well.

We watched the movies and Jake stayed over that night.

- back to the present -

And that brought me here.

"Hey Saby." Jake said knocking on my door and entering.

"Hey Jakey." I kissed him on my cheek and no, we haven't kissed...yet.

"What were you thinking about?" He smirked.

"Hmmm, let me see. Oh yeah, how much I hate you." I playfully said giving him a death glare.

He gasped and pretended to be in pain. "You know that hurt."

"No it didn't. Stop being such a baby." I playfully pushed him.

"Okay sorry." He laughed. "For real though. What were you thinking about."

"The day I started crushing on you." I said softly and smiled.

He smiled at me. "Do you remember the promise I made you?" He asked me out of nowhere.

"Yeah." I said looking at the promise necklace around my neck. I got the charm and held it. "You promised me that you would never hurt me. You promised me that...you would be there for me no matter what. You promised me that I would be the only girl in your eyes - in your world. And you promised me that you would tell me anything..and you would do anything to make me happy." A tear fell out of my eye.

I looked at him and smiled. He returned the favor.

"I will keep those promises Sabrina. I promise." He hugged me. I hugged back.

"Why me Jake?" I asked after letting go. "I mean - there are other girls out there. Paris for example."

"Paris and I are just friends. You - you're not like any other girl. You're amazing and you never fail to amaze anyone. Especially me." He said every word like his life depended on it. Well..maybe it did.

His phone rang crushing our moment.

"Hello? Wait what?! That - that's amazing! We'll be there. Thank you so much Caitlyn." Jake said to the phone.

"What's going on?" I asked worriedly but I think that I shouldn't be because Jake is really happy at the moment.

What he said was unbelievable.

"Bradley's awake."