Chapter 3-Trusting Them

Sonic paced around his hut,thinking deeply.It was about the conversation he had with Amy yesterday.She wouldn't give herself up until he married her...and what a coincidence!He was just thinking about marriage that day.Maybe...But could he really do it?Once you get married,there's no way out of it.And filing a divorce against Amy would be cruel.Very cruel.

But,he did want Amy to be his.All his.And what better way to do it then to get married?But is he old enough?Sure twenty sounds like a logical age to get married but what about Amy?She's younger then him...Then again,age doesn't matter(unless he's like 70 and your like 20 keep that in mind people)Plus,they're on an island where everyone are idiots so,who's gonna care?

But then what about kids?

Sonic stopped in mid step,blinking at the thought.Kids?Is he even ready to be a father?Well hopefully she won't get pregnant once they seal the deal.And knowing Amy,with her being natural stuff(which she has mentioned to Sonic a million times before)she will refuse to take birth control pills.
And he can't use protection.So scratch that off.But they could wait to have kids,just because they're married doesn't mean they have to have kids.

Sonic sighed in relief,continuing to pace around the hut again.Maybe...maybe he could..but then again,he doesn't have money to buy a ring.But knowing the people around here,they were idiots.Maybe he could do something to get one.His brain sparked.That's it!Instead of buying a ring,he'll earn it!Sonic grinned victoriously before stopping completely.

Wait...does that mean he's going to ask Amy to marry him?Wow the sentence sounds so weird to him.Never has he ever thought about that.Ya he's thought about them dating but never marriage.The second he thought this,he began to regret it.Of course he wanted to marry Amy one day,he truly did.But was it a good time?Too soon?Maybe he should wait?He had to get this marriage thing off his mind.

Maybe he should step away from Amy for a moment,hang with the guys.Just for a day.Just to step away from dating and all.It wouldn't hurt...would it?

"Sonic?"

"Amy,"he breathed.

She poked her head in the hut and smiled.Sonic quickly dashed up to her,grabbed her hand,and dashed back to the bed.She blinked as they both sat down.

"Amy I want to talk to you,"he said.

Her eyes widened slightly,"Oh no...you're not breaking up with me,are you?"

Sonic shook his head and kissed her gently on the cheek."No no.I just need to talk to you,about what we were talking about last night."

Amy groaned,"Sonic,I already told you."

"I know I know.That's why I'm going to give you a little space,"he told her.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that today,I'm going to hang out with Tails and Knuckles today,no girls,"Sonic explained.

She arched an eyebrow,"And how's that going to give me space?"

"Because I won't be up your butt all day and I won't keep annoying you about the thing,"he explained again.

Amy crossed her arms,"you know we could just watch a movie together and cuddle or something."

Sonic pondered on the thought,but shook his head and quickly changed his mind.

"No,ok I'll admit,this isn't only for your good but-"

"Yours as well,"she finished for him.

Sonic was quiet before nodding.

"Uh ya...I just...need some time with the guys,that's all..."he said slowly.

Amy stared at him for a few minutes before inhaling very deeply.