Chapter 7-A Fantastically Terrible Date...

"Thanks so much Rouge,"cooed Amy.

The bat crossed her arms and smiled,"You're welcome,anything for your date."

Amy smiled back,carrying a large cardboard box with clothing."By the way,where's Knuckles?"

"I made him sleep in Tail's workshop last night.Haven't seen him all morning,"Rouge said with a shrug.

Amy peeked at the clothes,"Oh ok.Well I better get going,he'll come pick me up in like two hours."

Rouge nodded and made a small wave,leaning against her wall.Amy said her goodbyes and left,heading back to her hut.She was thankful she stopped by Rouge's.Amy had no clothing for the occasion and thankfully the bat had a whole box of clothing.Rouge kindly gave it to her and now all Amy had to do was pick an outfit from the box to wear.When she was in her hut,she started going through the clothes.After many searching and tossing clothes around,she found the perfect outfit.

She even found tan strap sandals,that fit her just right,at the bottom of the box.Amy settled on wearing a pale pink two piece bathing suit underneath and a white sleeveless blouse.Along with a red two slitted maxi skirt(those things are really pretty)and her white gloves of course.Amy beamed at her outfit and started to get ready happily.Humming,her excitement grew after every second that passed.

~•~

"My back is killing me!"groaned Knuckles.

Sonic wasn't paying attention.He was too busy admiring a necklace that he had bought today for Amy.It was a silver heart necklace with her name in craved in cursive.On the back read I love you also carved in cursive.He grinned widely while Knuckles continued to whine and complain.Sonic turned to him slightly annoyed and stuck the necklace back in its blue box.

"What is it Knucklehead?"he asked.

"I slept on the floor in Tail's workshop,"he grumbled.

Sonic looked at him questionably,"Why?"

"Because of last night,"he said,trying to crack his back.

Sonic smirked and shoved the little box in his jacket pocket.He dusted off his red jacket(the one he wore to that Award thing with Sticks)and ran a hand through his quills.

"I got a date,"he said smugly.

Knuckles rolled his eyes and winced as his back made a terrible crack.He whined and yelped before rubbing it repeatedly.Sonic chuckled and glanced at the clock as it shined 6:50 PM.

"Well,I've got a date to go to,"he grinned,walking out like a boss.

Sonic could hear Knuckle's grumbles of annoyance before it was replaced with a painful squeak.He grinned all the way to Amy's hut.Sonic stood outside before breathing in deeply.

"Knock knock,"he chirped,letting himself in.

Just as he said this,Amy emerged from her small bathroom.She smiled brightly,her emerald eyes lit up.Amy's hair was up in a bun with strands of hair curled perfectly away from her face.She had on just a little bit of make up,only mascara,lip gloss,and a touch of pale rose eyeshadow.Amy had on her outfit that she picked out,it fit her perfectly.Her skirt slightly trailed behind her,the slits opening up as she walked to him.Sonic blinked as he scanned her.

"Wow Amy,you look gorgeous,"he said kindly.

Amy smiled,making his heart melt even more."Thank you.You look good yourself."

He grinned,"Thanks,ready to go?"

She nodded and followed him out,slowly slipping her hand in his in the process.Sonic walked her over to the beach,just where the water touched the shore.The sun was going down,filling the sky with red and orange streaks.He looked at the water,watching the light reflect.Then glancing at Amy,Sonic smiled.