Chapter 13-Good Or Bad News?

A/n:This chapter may be short but it's a chapter XD I'm having a hard time deciding when to stop,keep going,or add some stuff.But I'm doing my best.Anyway enjoy this short chapter ^3^

~•~

Amy walked toward Rouge's hut.She hadn't seen her all day,she didn't see Knuckles either.So she decided to give her a visit.The pink hedgehog knocked on the hut before poking her head in.

"Rouge?Knuckles?"She asked softly.

Amy didn't see Knuckles but did see a lump under the covers.She emerged slowly and stood by the bed.

"Rouge?"

The lump moved slightly before two bat ears appeared.Finally Rouge sat up with an exhausted look.Her eyes were dimmed while her fur was messily ruffled.She squinted her eyes,looking at Amy.

"Huh..."she said weakly.

"Hi Rouge...Are you ok?"Amy asked.

The bat shook her head and sighed."No.I look terrible and feel terrible too."

"Are you sick?"Amy wondered as she sat carefully on her bed.

"No..."

"Then what's wrong?Tired?"

"That and something else..."

Amy cocked her head,"What is it?"

Rouge bit her lip and looked away."I can't say."

"Oh come on,you can tell me,it can't be that bad.Did you and Knuckles break up or something,"Amy asked.

That would be the likely reason since he wasn't there.However Rouge still shook her head.

"No."

"Then what?"

"I can't..."

"Are you upset about having to go back?"

"No."

"Is the stunt the boys pulled yesterday?"

"No!"

Amy sighed before looking at Rouge sternly."What is it?"

"I...I...I'm...."she mumbled,"...pregnant."

Her ears twitched,"...what?"

Rouge crossed her arms and mumbled a bit louder,"I'm pregnant..."

Amy blinked and leaned in slightly with wide eyes."You're...how?"

She shrugged and rubbed her arm,glancing to the side.

"I...I don't know."

"But I thought you couldn't?"she asked.

"I did too but apparently I could..."

"When did you find out?"

"Yesterday after the thing with Luna and the guys,"Rouge told her.

"Does Knuckles know?"asked Amy.

"No..."

"Well you should tell him."

"I know...I'm just,believe it or not,scared..."Rouge murmured.

Amy arched an eyebrow in concern,"Why?"

"Well I didn't know I could get pregnant.But now that I know and now that I am,I'm freaked out.Me?A mother.Sounds weird.And what if it's born with deformations?I mean a bat and an echidna?What kind of baby is this going to be..."

Amy felt bad for her.It was true.During her whole pregnancy she would have to worry about what the baby will look like.Two different species....Cross breeding is very difficult.Amy's expression softened as she smiled.

"Rouge this is amazing.It may seem like a unfortunate event but it's not.Its a miracle in disguise.You'll actually be able to say those things like you wanted.And so what if it's deformed?You'll love him or her no matter what.And so will Knuckles,"Amy said with determination.

Rouge looked less worried but tired none of the less.She smiled weakly before lying back down.

"I guess you're right...I'm gonna have one heck of a time shopping for baby clothes,"she sighed.

Amy perked up,"And I'll shop with you."

"Really?"

"Totally.It'll be fun.You need to start thinking of baby names now,"she teased.

Rouge chuckled,"That's true.I wonder..."

"You'll do fine Rouge.You'll be a great mother,"she smiled.

Rouge nodded,"Thanks.You too."

"Thanks.I'll let you rest now.Remember to tell Knuckles and tell me if you need anything.Anything at all,"Amy said firmly.

"Alright I will,bye,"Rouge said softly.

She then flipped on her side and huddled under the covers.Amy left quietly and headed back to her hut.She decided to get Rouge a congratulations gift and began to think of what to buy.Amy opened her door and stepped on a folded piece of paper.Looking down she bent and picked it up.Slowly unfolding it,she read with her thumb running over the edges.

Dear my beloved Amy Rose,

Tonight will be the best night of your life.I swear it.

From your only blue fellow

Amy cooed as she set her note on her dresser.It was so sweet of him to do that....But what did he mean tonight?Does that mean a date?She quickly went through her closet and tried desperately to find an outfit to wear.It was almost four and she had no idea when he was coming to pick her up.Oh it was like him to do something like this.Making her get all worked up.It was probably just a date to make up for the screwed up one...But...

...what was so special about tonight anyway?