Chapter 6-Busted

"Explain."

The three boys stood awkwardly,shuffling their feet and shifting their weight from one foot to the other.Amy crossed her arms while Rouge tapped her foot impatiently.Tails couldn't keep his mouth shut and blurted.

"We were spying!B-But it was all Sonic's idea!"he yelped.

Everyone's eyes lied on Sonic.

"Not cool Sonic,"Knuckles said with narrowed eyes.

The blue hedgehog turned to him and poked him in the stomach.

"My fault!?It was Knuckle's fault!He's the one who suggested it!"Sonic yelled.

Now everyone looked at Knuckles.

"I wasn't being serious!I'm the stupid one,remember!?"

Sonic growled and rubbed his temples while Tails started to join in.

"I tried to stop them I swear!"

The two looked at the fox and growled warningly.He gulped and backed up.Sticks tapped her chin and narrowed her eyes.

"Wait...spying...you guys are a part of the government!"Sticks yelled.

She pulled out her boomerang and started to chase Tails angrily.He yelled in fear as he ran.Sticks chased him everywhere,soon the two were out of sight.Amy blinked before remembering the main subject.Rouge rolled her eyes and then glared at the two boys in front of them.The guys avoided eye contact.

"You perverts,"scolded Rouge.

Sonic rolled his eyes,"Hey,you girls should of closed the window before you changed.Are you trying to get yourself looked at?"

Amy took a step forward and pointed her finger at him."What are you trying to say Sonic?"

"Did you leave the window open on purpose?So that maybe some wondering guys could look through?"he asked irritated.

Knuckles nodded firmly,"Ya,are we not enough for you two?"

Rouge shook her finger at Knuckles and stepped forward until she was right in front of him.

"Big deal!We left the window open because we didn't think a couple of perverts were stupid enough to look through!"she snapped.

Amy nodded and glared at Sonic,"I can't believe you.First you spy on us,then accuse us of wanting perverts to look at us?How much respect do you have for me Sonic the hedgehog?"

"You too Knuckles,you should be ashamed of yourself.That is no way to treat your lady,"Rouge scowled.

Knuckles looked at the floor and hung his head in shame.Sonic crossed his arms and puffed out his cheeks,annoyed.

"I'm sorry..."mumbled Knuckles.

Rouge rolled her eyes and walked off back into her hut.Knuckles didn't know whether to stay where he was or follow her.Amy just wanted to be alone in her own hut.She started walking in its direction and didn't dare look back at the boys.Knuckles slowly followed Rouge.

"I'm gonna try to be forgiven..."he grumbled.

Sonic stood there.He didn't know whether he should be angry or guilty,or both.Maybe he should apologize?Or give her some time...Debating to do what,he stood outside of Amy's hut.But instead of going in,he paced around it.Every once and a while he'd almost walk in but chicken out.However after ten minutes,he couldn't help it and slowly walked in.

Sonic kept quiet,looking around.He then spotted Amy lying face flat on her bed.Now he felt guilty.Right in front of her bed now,he sighed.

"...Uh Ames."

Her head shot up and looked around.But when she saw who it was she frowned and sunk back down.

"Go away,"she said,her voice muffled due to her face in the bed.

Again he sighed and sat down on her bed.

"I'm really sorry...I guess I just...missed you,"he mumbled the last part quietly.

He heard her chuckle bitterly,"Ya right.You were the one who wanted the 'guy's night' anyway."

"It was a stupid idea and I really did miss you,that's why I went spying.I couldn't stay away for long,"he cooed.

"Or you just wanted to see me in my underwear."

"That too."

Amy lifted her head and slapped his arm.

He rubbed his arm and chuckled."Just playing."

She rolled her eyes before rolling herself onto her back.She stared up at the ceiling and sighed.

"I can't believe you Sonic..."Amy mumbled.

Sonic felt guilty again and leaned over her.She looked up at him.

"I'm really sorry Ames,I promise I'll make it up to you,"he pleaded.

Amy scoffed,"Oh ya?How."

Sonic thought a moment,rubbing his chin.He glanced out her only window and stared at the glistening water.After a minute he then looked back at her and grinned.

"A date."

She cocked her head,"Huh?"

Sonic nodded and crossed his arms."A date.On the beach.Just you and me."

Amy sat up now,brushing strands of quills from her face.Her eyes lit up slightly as she leaned forward.

"Really?"

"Mmhm,tomorrow at seven,"he winked.

Amy remained quiet,but sighed in defeat."Alright...but no more spying got it?"

"Yes ma'am,"he said,giving her a soldier solute.

She nodded,"Good."

Amy lied back down and looked back up at the ceiling.Sonic smiled and joined her,crawling next to her on the bed.He then lied down and glanced over at her.

"Do you forgive me?"he asked.

She nodded,"Yes,I do."

Sonic sighed in relief,wrapping his arm around her waist.He pulled her closer and dug his face into her neck.

"I love you,"he breathed.

Amy rolled her eyes,"Ya ya ya whatever."

"I was hoping for a 'I love you' back."

She glared at him,and for Sonic,it was like he could feel her glare.Even if he couldn't see it.Sonic gulped.

"Uh y-ya...Whatever's just as good as I love you..."