Chapter 14-The Proposal

A/n:The chapter has finally come!Where Sonic proposes ^-^ Or will he...?Dun dun.Will he chicken out?Or put on his big boy pants •^• Let's find out...

~•~

Sonic dressed in his best clothing.

Well the best he could find any.

He wore a black jacket with a white undershirt.Buttoning up the jacket,he quickly added a bow tie.He looked down and decided to find some nice dress shoes as well.However he again refused to wear pants.He spent almost ten minutes fixing his quills with fur gel and the other brushing his canine like fangs.Once he was done he quickly grabbed the ring box and carefully shoved it in his jacket pocket.

He dusted off his gloves and confidently walked to Amy's house.With a proud smile he knocked on her door and waited.It was a few moments but her door finally opened.He slightly gawked while he eyes her up and down.She smiled slyly,a blush on her cheeks.Her quills were curled with a clip pulling back the pieces that pull in front of her face.Amy wore a tight knee length dark red strapless cocktail dress with red heels and white gloves that reached her elbows.

She looked sexy yet innocent and sweet at the same time.

Sonic cleared his throat,"You look beautiful."

"Thank you.And you look nice.I didn't over dress did I?"She asked.

He shook his head,"You look perfect."

She smiled as he took her arm and locked it with his.The two walked slowly toward the village,Amy was still baffled.

"So where are we spending my best night of my life?"she asked.

He chuckled,"You got my note?"

"Mmhmm."

"Well remember when we went to the Awardy Award thing?We're eating there.A nice romantic dinner,"he said proudly.(It's a restaurant now,use your imaginations XD)

Amy cooed,"Oh Sonic,how did you make a reservation so soon?Or have you planned this?"

He chuckled,"Planned."

The two smiled at each other and made small talk as they strolled to the restaurant.When they arrived,the couple were escorted to a table and were given menus.

"I was meaning to tell you this,I just found out today,"Amy said as she flipped through the menu.

"What?"asked Sonic as he did the same to his own.

"Knuckle's is going to be a daddy,"Amy said casually.

"Oh that's-wait what?"Sonic looked up at her.

She nodded and set her menu aside,"Rouge is pregnant."

Sonic stared at her for a moment before clearing his throat.They were silent...Until he broke the silence.

"I'm gonna be an uncle!"Sonic said loudly.

Amy giggled,"Wow you're taking it well."

He shrugged,"Hey it's not me who's the father."

She rolled her eyes before the waiter came over.He took their drink orders then their food orders.The waiter left and went back to the kitchen.Sonic slipped his hand into his jacket pocket and sighed in relief when it was still there.Grasping onto it,he glanced up at Amy who was looking around the restaurant.

"Uh Amy..."Sonic said lowly.

The pink hedgehog snapped her attention to him,"Ya?"

"I-"

"Your drinks."

The waiter had appeared once again,putting down their drinks.Sonic sighed while Amy smiled.

"Thank you."

"Your food will be served soon,"he said before disappearing again.

"What did you say Sonic?"Amy asked sweetly.

Sonic shook his head,"Never mind."

He tapped his fingers rapidly on the table,thinking when to whip out the ring.Amy just stared at Sonic,saying repeatedly in her head that this is really happening.Sonic finally collected his nerves and puffed out his chest.He reached for the box again and looked at Amy.

"Amy,"he said sternly.

She looked at him again,locking eyes with him.As soon as they did this,Sonic began to sweat.Was he really going to do this?Was he really going to ask for her hand in marriage?

"Yes?"she asked slowly.

He breathed deeply,"You-"

"AH-HAH SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!"

The two snapped their head in the direction of the voice.Everyone in the restaurant began to panic and run.They ran out,even the workers.Dr.Eggman was in his circular aircraft again with his little robot minions by his side.Sonic groaned loudly and jumped out of his chair.

'Why now!?'he yelled in his head.

"I am here again!And this time I WILL destroy you!"he shouted.

Sonic rolled his eyes,"Why now Eggface?"

He growled,"ATTACK!"

His little robot charged at them.Sonic charged also and used his spin dash.However what he didn't notice was that the box had flew out of his pocket.Amy was about to whip out her mallet when she noticed something flew from Sonic.She stopped in mid grab,narrowing her eyes at the box that hit the ground.Amy looked up at Sonic to see him destroying the robots.Quickly she grabbed the box and hugged it slightly.

While Sonic was taking care of Eggman,Amy opened up the box and gasped.She gazed at the ring as it glimmered in the light.Her breath was taken away,it was so beautiful.Amy rubbed her thumb over it,still shocked at its beauty.

'Was he...'

"DARN YOU SONIC!"Eggman hollered.

He cowardly flew off,sticking his tongue out at him.Sonic breathes heavily,dusting the ashes from the exploded robots off his jacket.He turned back to Amy,his mouth fell open.

She was looking at the ring.

His heart fell as she slowly looked up at him.Their eyes locked again and it was like the whole universe stopped.Amy had tears welling up in her eyes as she smiled softly.Sonic stared at her,carefully stepping forward.When he reached her,the tears had already rolled down her cheeks.He grasped the box and turned it toward her before getting down on one knee.She began to cry even more yet smiling through the tears.

"Amy Rose.I was stupid.To run from you when we were younger.You were just so beautiful,and I couldn't handle it.So I ran.But I regret it.I love you so much,with all my heart.And now.Will you make me the happiest hedgehog alive and...marry me?"

Amy began to sob with joy before hugging him tightly.He held her and rocked back and forth,breathing in her hair.

"Yes Sonic yes I will,"she cried out.

The emotions flew around the room.Tears fell to the ground.Yet the two bodies were pressed together in love and warmth.Amy couldn't stop crying in joy and Sonic couldn't stop smiling.He was just so happy.The two continued to embrace,ignoring the destroyed restaurant.Right now it was just the two of them.No one or thing mattered.

Just them.

~•~

A/n:DAW YUSH HE DID IT!I'm so happy!See you guys later with the next update!Aw love birds~