p a r t s i x

December 24th, 2018.
St Louis Seattle
— — —

"You still got that appointment tomorrow?"

I nodded, looking up at Sammy, "yea, why?" "How long you gonna be gone?"

"Couple hours maybe?" I shrugged. "Vince going with you?" He asked. "I don't know Sammy, what's with all the questions?" I giggled as I set my pen down.

"I was just wondering, wanted to see if you would mine if Veronica could come over." He shrugged and sat down across the table.

"You guys hitting it off pretty well, huh?" I raised my eyebrows, smiling. He shrugged again and his face turned red, "maybe."

"Cute, that's good. I don't care if you have her over, just don't go in my room, and don't touch my school stuff," I nodded, "two rules, don't break them."

"I can take her out to lunch or something if you'd rather me do that, it's really not a big deal, she just wanted to hang out."

"Take her out then, I really do not care what you do." I laughed. "I'll do that, we'll figure something out," he stood up, "thanks!" "Yea, no problem."

Vince walked out of the bathroom and ran a hand through his hair, "the water pressure in your shower is amazing, I'm gonna have to come stay with you more often." He laughed as he put the towel in the dirty basket.

"As much as I'd enjoy that, that's not going to happen as long as you're living in St Louis." Shaking my head as my attention directed towards him.

"No, but with Seattle getting a hockey team, maybe we move out here." He shrugged, obviously joking. "There's no 'we' if I already live here." I giggled.

"Maybe we get drafted." He rolled his eyes. "I highly doubt it, but keep dreaming." I shot him a sarcastic smile. "Nice hair though."

"Thanks," he returned the sarcastic smile, "whatcha working on?" He walked up behind me and took a look at my computer.

"Another test," I sighed, "I'm almost done with this one, I have one more to catch up on, and then I'll finally be caught up." I smiled as I looked up at him.

His hands were on either side of me, pressed against the table. He had me caged in while he scanned over the screen.

"Well congratulations," he smiled, looking down at me as he stood up straight, "and good luck, let me know if you need any help." "I got it, thank you though." I watched as he walked away.

"Your ass looks nice in those shorts." I giggled as he turned around and winked at me, "of course it does."

He blew a kiss and laughed, walking into my room, leaving me at the kitchen table by myself.

I waited to see if he was going to come back out, but he didn't, so I went back to finish the test.

— — —

"Guys!" I called from the table.

Both of them opened the doors and walked out, making their way over.