p a r t f i f t e e n

March 14th, 2019.
St Louis Ottawa
— — —

"You flying out then?"

"Well yea, I wanna be there for the Sabres game." I laughed, nodding.

Vince rolled his eyes, "you're such an ass."

"I'm kidding, but I'll be there."

"Good.. hey, I hate to end this so soon, but-" "the guys have some kind of plans, or you want to shower, either way.. I don't want to be on the phone with you." I shook my head.

"Right, 'cause you most definitely would not enjoy watching me shower." He was obviously being sarcastic.

I tried to hide the smirk forming on my face, but he had seen it before I had the chance too.

"That's what I thought, you sicko." He scoffed. Laughing, I shook my head, "you're such a bitch."

He shrugged, "so I've been told."

"Alright, alright, go have fun. I'll see you in a few days." I nodded, knowing I was lying. "You too."

"Bye Dunner." "Bye Mickie." And the call ended.

That stupid nickname.

As much as I loved it, it gave me some feeling.

Maybe I loved it too much.

— — —

The next day, I had a flight early in the morning.

I already had this flight booked a week ago, I just didn't want to tell the guys, because I felt like surprising them. So I told them it would be a few days, when in reality, I would be flying in the next morning.

I had already landed in St Louis, and since there was no game today, I just assumed the guys were either at practice, or at their homes.

I didn't want to assume where exactly they were, so I called Vince.

"God damn, it's a little early for you to be calling me, don't you think?"

"It's seven in the morning, I figured you'd be awake already." I laughed.

"Well I wasn't, we don't have a game today and there's practice isn't until like noon so I'm sleeping in, why did you call?" He asked.

"I was wondering if maybe you wanted to meet me at the arena, but if you're still-" "Wait! Are you in St Louis?" He cut me off, it sounded like he had a random burst of energy.

"Maybe," I giggled, "maybe not."

"You're not funny," I heard him shuffling around, assuming he was getting out of bed, "if I get there and find out you're lying to me, I'll never speak to you again."

"Sure you won't," I smiled, knowing he was full of shit, "I'll see you soon." And I hung up.

I eventually found a ride to the arena, which was only about a twenty minute drive, which meant Vince would be there first.