p a r t t w e n t y - o n e

April 4th, 2019.
Philadelphia St Louis

— — —

"How many goals you gonna make?"

Vince asked, pushing my shoulder.

"Shut up, last game was not my fault." I laughed, knowing we lost, and I didn't get a single point.

"Right, whatever you say-" "to answer you previous question, probably three." I shrugged.

He laughed, knowing I was full of shit.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, "have you ever tried not being an asshole?"

"Nope." And he walked off.

After the game had started, I did in fact score a goal, and less than three minutes in..

And another less than a minute later.

And another just a couple minutes later.

"Holy shit!" O'Reilly laughed, "you're on a roll!"

Philadelphia scored about a minute later, bringing the score to 3-1.

However, 13 seconds went by and Pat Maroon scored, now bringing the score up to 4-1.

First period was intense, a lot of goals were made in such a short amount of time.

Before second period, the score was 5-3, I had already made four goals.

"What the hell are you doing out there?!" Coach laughed as I walked into the locker room. He had the biggest smile on his face, "we all owe you so much."

I shook my head, "you guys don't owe me shit, just play a good game and make sure we win."

"You scored four goals in less than ten minutes, three of them being back to back, in three. You need to keep that up." Sammy nodded.

Tyler agreed, "how many more you got?"

I laughed, "gotta make up for the last game."

Almost 15 minutes into second period and neither team had scored, it was still 5-3 and with 7 minutes on the clock.

But Vince passed me the puck, and I did in fact score my fifth goal of tonight, bringing us to 6-3.

I was more than excited, knowing we would definitely win this. Coach decided to pull me for the rest of the period, and said he would put me back out there if they scored.

And they didn't.

"How the hell did you do that?!" Tyler laughed, bringing me in for a hug.

We were all back in the locker room, waiting for third period.

"Dude, one more goal at you could have two hat tricks in the same game." He shook his head.