p a r t e i g h t

December 26th, 2018.
St Louis Seattle
— — —

"Morning boys."

They both replied with a groan, sitting beside each other at the table.

"I made breakfast." I giggled, bringing them both plates of pancakes and a few different fruits, "you don't have to eat all the fruit, I just didn't know who wanted what, so I'll eat whatever you two don't."

I took a strawberry from Vince's plate and he just looked up at me, "maybe I wanted that." I shrugged, walking away, "I wanted it more."

"Do we have to eat the pancakes?" Sammy asked, sarcastically. I smacked him in the back of the head, lightly of course.

"Yes." I nodded and made my way back to the kitchen. I brought back the usual pancake toppings and sat down across from them.

We ate in silence, and it seemed to go by really slow.

"Uhm, remember our flight leaves at six, I'd like to leave here about five, because of traffic." I broke the silence, looking at the two.

They both nodded, "that's fine." Vince mumbled. They were both so tired, it was almost funny.

They looked like they hadn't slept in days, even after sleeping for ten hours last night.

I giggled and stood up, taking our empty plates and making my way to the sink, "I made coffee too, you both look like you could use some."

They looked at each other before making their way over, "thank you." Sammy rubbed my shoulder and reached around me, grabbing a mug.

"Yea, of course," I nodded, spinning around to face the both of them, "remind me to buy a new phone charger, mine quit working last night."

"Oh," Vince laughed, "my bad."

Sammy breathed a laugh and shook his head, "he did the same thing when I called him out for using my toothbrush." "Ew!"

"I did that on purpose-" "What?!" I laughed.

"I forgot to bring one." He shrugged, turning back to his coffee. "So he used mine." Sammy nodded.

"I get we're all super close, but if either of you ever use my toothbrush, I swear I'll-" "Relax, nobody ever touches yours." Vince rolled his eyes, sarcastically.

"Not yet, Vince hasn't had the chance to." Sammy raised his eyebrows, looking at Vince.

He just turned around and smiled, "he's right."

"Don't touch my toothbrush." I shook my head. "Don't worry, I won't." He laughed, walking out of the kitchen and back to the table.

Sammy and I looked each other, "he's definitely going to-" "I know." I nodded.

We walked out as well, all sitting in our previous spots at the table, when Vince spoke up again. "Did you tell the guys you were flying in?"

"Not yet, did you?" I looked over at him. He just shook his head, "figured we could surprise them," he shrugged, "or scare them." Laughing, he took a sip from his drink.