p a r t s e v e n t e e n

March 21st, 2019.
Detroit St Louis
— — —

"That's how it's done baby!"

I laughed, we had won 5 - 2 against Detroit. I had made three of our goals, (two with the help of Vince and Tyler) and got a hat-trick for the second time in the last couple days.

We all skated off the ice and made our way back to the locker room.

After we had showered, and finished media, and settled down, we found ourselves talking about the playoffs coming up.

"We need to figure out something, 'cause she's going back to school after spring break, and we clearly need her." Sammy laughed, shaking his head.

"When do you go back?" Vince asked.

"Twenty-sixth, if we push ourselves hard enough, I think we could clinch a playoff spot." I laughed.

"Isn't the twenty-sixth a Tuesday?" Robby asked, I just replied with a nod before he continued with: "why would they send you back to school in the middle of the week?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, I almost want to wait until the following Monday, that way by the time I go back, we'll hopefully be in the playoffs."

"Don't you have a test coming up though?" Vince asked. "It's not until the beginning of June." I shook my head.

That's when Sammy spoke up again, "have you found out if you're graduating? Like.. you didn't fail right?"

"No, I haven't failed," I laughed, "I've passed enough tests to graduate, but I still have the one in the beginning of June, that's right before graduation. If I can pass that one, it just looks way better for my grades, makes things easier down the line." I shrugged.

"So when do you graduate?" Vince asked. "Mid June." I replied, nodding.

"That should be fine for our schedules too, would you want to stay until the end of the month?" Pietrangelo asked.

I shrugged again, "I would have to see what I can do, I'm finally caught up with school shit, I really don't want to have to make up some more." I shook my head.

"Well.. just let us know, whatever you think is best, we will all be on board with it." Sammy smiled. "Will do, thanks." I giggled.

— — —

"Where's Vince?" Sammy asked, walking up behind me as I stood at the bar.

I spun around and pointed at the small stage, to the only man who stood up there with a microphone in his hands, singing the lyrics of 'Sucker' by The Jonas Brothers, so so horribly.

"You've got to be kidding me." He laughed.

"Nope, he's been up there for about ten minutes." I giggled, shaking my head.

"And you haven't tried stopping him?" "Oh no, we all tried stopping him." I nodded, pointing at Tyler, Robby, and Pietrangelo.

Sammy's eyes widened in disbelief, "seriously?" "You think we wanted to listen to him?" I laughed before grabbing my drink, "he tried to get me to go up there with him."

He laughed, "you should've." "No," I shook my head again, "and I'm glad I didn't."

I pointed at Vince and we saw someone throw a shoe. Tyler was laughing so hard, he hid his head against my back, mumbling something only he could hear.

Vince was yelling at whoever, just trying to find the culprit, but of course nobody spoke up.

"Let's go get him." I tapped Sammy's shoulder, setting my drink down.