p a r t s e v e n

December 25th, 2018.
St Louis Seattle
— — —

"Kay, your alarm."

Vince groaned, pushing me away until I turned over and grabbed my phone. I shut the alarm off and checked the time, sighing as I sat up.

"Merry Christmas to you too." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes. He laughed and pulled me back down into, "Merry Christmas beautiful."

I giggled, "I gotta get ready, my appointment is at nine." I laid my hand on his chest and sighed, looking up at him.

"You got any plans while I'm gone?" "I was hoping you'd just let me come with." He looked down at me.

"You can come with," I smiled, "let's go now though, I wanna grab coffee beforehand."

"Let's get going then."

I rolled off of him and stood up, grabbing his hand to help him up as well.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." He sighed.

— — —

"Maybe you can come back earlier." Vince shrugged.

I scoffed, "yea right, seems like every time I go back, the date gets later and later."

He looked over at me, "never say never."

I laughed, "I'm not, I just don't expect much." Shaking my head, the doctor walked in.

"Alright, ready?"

I nodded, looking at Vince before raising my eyebrows. He shot me a small smile and leaned back into the chair.

— — —

"Okay," the doctor sighed, walking back into the room, "I think I have the news you've been looking for." He leaned against the counter and smiled as he crossed his arms.

Vince and I shared a look, "what do you mean?" Vince looked at him.

"Every time she comes in, she wants to know when she can come back, and since we keep giving her estimates, and pushing the dates back, I can finally give her a better answer."

I couldn't help but smile, knowing I was closer than I had been this whole time.

"Okay, so what are we looking at? A couple weeks?"

The doctor laughed, "no," shaking his head, he turned to Vince, "she's funny."

Vince laughed, thinking it was the funniest thing ever, "I'm so, so sorry."

I shook my head and rolled my eyes, "alright, come on, seriously."

"Okay, okay," he nodded, "before I can tell you when to come back, you need to talk to your coach and ask him for the rules, just because you get the 'okay' from me, doesn't mean anything. You still need to have the approval from them too."

I nodded, "alright."

"But," he continued, "back to the news."

I looked at Vince, smiling.

"You've healed a lot since we last saw you, which is amazing," he nodded, "and if you continue to do so, you could probably come back within the next.." he tilted his head side to side, looking at the ceiling, "maybe six weeks, but you still have to be cleared by their medical team."

"So I could come back sooner than the original date we had set?" I asked.

"When was the original date?" "Late February."