p a r t e i g h t e e n

March 23rd, 2019.
Tampa Bay St Louis
— — —

"Let's fucking go!"

I giggled as Tyler hugged me, "congratulations." "Thanks bud, you too." I smiled, turning to Vince.

"You gotta stop trying to outshine me." He shook his head and laughed.

"I'm not trying to!" I giggled, pulling him in for a hug before we went to skate off the ice.

I had made two mores goals tonight, meaning I've made nine goals since I've been back.

After I had showered, I went straight to media, where I get asked the most irrelevant questions.

"You and Vince Dunn seem to have a really close relationship on and off the ice, can you tell us a little bit about that?"

"I've made nine goals in three games and you want to hear about mine and Dunner's relationship?" I asked, giggling just to make it seem like I wasn't annoyed.

"Vince didn't seem to have an issue with it." "That's because Vince is Vince, we are not the same person." I shook my head.

The lady sat back down in her seat and we moved onto the next question; "being this close to the end of the regular season, and seeing how close your team is the the playoffs, can you tell us how you feel about that?"

"Uhm.."

PLAYOFFS.

How could I forget when we're this close..?

"I think it's crazy, you know? One minute the season had just started, and I was getting injured, and I wasn't counting on being back this season, especially because I was told countless times that I just wasn't healing right, but here we are. I did get to come back, and just before playoffs too, so of course I'm trying to push myself to be a lot better than I was." I nodded, playing with the rings on my hands.

"I wasn't sure I was ready to come back, I was kinda losing my confidence, especially after being injured so early on in the season, but my team, and the crowd both made that night so special, and I can only imagine what it's gonna be like when we make it to the playoffs, run every team into the ground and come out as Stanley Cup champions." I laughed before I continued.

"I know it's still too early to have all these ideas, but I would absolutely love to be able to go to the playoffs with these guys, even if it doesn't pay off in the end." I shrugged.

"What was going through your head when you found out you were cleared?"

I giggled, "I couldn't believe it honestly. I had been told 'no' so many times, I didn't think she was serious."

I looked up from the table and saw Vince walking in, trying not to laugh. I could tell by the look on his face that he had something planned, but I had no idea what.

He looked at the guy in the front corner seat and asked for his microphone, which the guy just let him have.

"Off topic, but probably the most important question of them all, who is your favorite teammate and why?"

"Probably-" "You didn't let me finish, I was going to say, why is it Vince Dunn?"

I laid my head in my hands before looking at him again, "actually, my favorite teammate would have to be Sammy Blais."

His jaw dropped, he wasn't expecting that.

"Why are you lying? Lying is bad-" "Vince, go away." I laughed.