p a r t t w e n t y

March 30th, 2019.
St Louis New Jersey

— — —

"What a game!"

I smiled as we walked into the back. We had just won against the Devils, on their ice.

"I can't-" "Davis! You're first for media."

I looked at Vince, "I'll meet you in the locker room." I shot him a smile and ran off.

Making my way to the media room was impossible. I knew I wanted to shower and get out of the arena immediately, so I was trying to take my skates and padding off before media just to save me some time.

I dropped everything outside and made my way in, seeing all the cameras and people was fun.

"What a game huh?" I giggled as I sat down.

After some time, it became less awkward. Which was nice because usually it is a little awkward with the irrelevant questions being asked.

"So how do you and Vince plan to celebrate?"

Like that one.

"Uhm.." I took a deep breath, not expecting that question, "honestly we're just gonna celebrate with the rest of the guys. We had a good game, and now there's only four left of the regular season before playoffs start, so we'll probably all go out for drinks or something." I laughed.

"You guys don't plan to celebrate with just the two of you?"

"No," I shook my head, "after games we always celebrate with the team."

"That doesn't hurt the relationship?"

My eyes widened, "what relationship?" I laughed, not really trying to play it off, because Vince and I were not in a relationship.

"It's pretty clear that you two and way closer than anyone else on the team, so-" "so that means we're in a relationship?" I asked, looking around the room.

"You guys are reaching for something that's not there." I laughed, shaking my head.

"With all due respect McKay, I disagree." One of the girls said.

"Look, believe what you want, but at the end of the day, there's no relationship between Dunner and I. We're strictly friends, we've known each other for so long, and we're roommates, but there's no relationship." I shrugged.

"Okay but what about the comments?"

"Alright, we're going off topic and I have a long night ahead so I'm gonna head out." I stood up and waved, giving them a small smile before walking out.

When I reached the locker room, I put my phone away and walked in, letting out a sigh as I ran my hands down my face.

"Are you okay?" Tyler asked, making me to reply with a nod, "then why do you look like you're about to cry?"

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "media just asks some stupid questions, it's fine."

"Are you sure?" Robert asked. "Yes, I'm fine." Nodding, I laughed and sat in front of my locker.

— — —

"What do you mean you're not going out tonight?!" Sammy asked, yelling into the phone.

"I'm tired." "Dude.. you have Vince the assist to win the game, you look for any reason to go out and drink, what happened?"

"I'm just not feeling well, go out without me." Sammy just groaned, "fine, get some sleep, congrats on the win." "Thanks Sammy, you too."

He hung up and I put my phone down, looking up at the ceiling before I heard a knock on the door.

I sighed and rolled over, assuming they would go away, but they didn't.

Another knock, just a bit louder than the first, and then my phone went off.

Vince <3

Let me in dickhead

I'm tired too

UGHH

I got up to open the door, yawning as I saw Vince, "don't you look so happy to see me?" He smiled.

I sighed and turned around, making my way back to the bed.

"You're really not going out tonight?" He asked, causing me to shake my head. "You feeling okay?" He walked up, I just nodded.

"No you're not, what's up?" "Nothing, I'm fine." Crawling back into the bed, I faced away from him, pulling the blanket over my head.

"Mickie, I'm not stupid. What's bothering you?"

I sighed and looked at him, trying not to cry as he sat down beside me and laid his hand on my leg.

"People don't want to see me play hockey."

He was taken back by that, the sudden change in attitude was weird for him. I was always confident and making jokes about how I was better than him, and suddenly it changed.

"..what do you mean?"

"The last few times I've been to media, they've asked more questions about our relationship than they have about me playing hockey."

"Well I would too-" "Vince-" "I'm kidding," he laughed, "it's just media, they're there to ask stupid questions."

"Yea but it's social media too, literally all people care about is you and me being in a relationship, nobody wants to see me on the ice anymore.."

"Mickie, you know damn well that's not true." He shook his head. "It is-" "you're overthinking it. Social media tries to put everyone into a relationship, and media is there to feed into it."

I looked up at him, letting out a sigh.

"If you really want to take their attention off of us, do something interesting on the ice." He said, shrugged.

Before I replied, I had to stop and think. I let out a small laugh, "did you just call me boring?"

"No, no! I meant do something more interesting, to get their attention out there."

I nodded, "right, cause being the first and only woman to play in the nhl isn't interesting enough." I rolled my eyes.

"You could do a backflip." He shrugged, causing both of us to laugh.

"You made me feel better, but you're not helping my situation." "I know." He smiled.

— — —

3-4-24

since everyone needed
an update 😜

Hope you enjoyed <3