4

CHAPTER 4

IT'S BEEN A WHILE!!! Hope you enjoy!

"Are you sure you're doing your job Lieutenant?" A man with a goatee and sunglasses asked the silver headed man with a slightly annoyed tone.

Gojo replied with a smug smile on his face, "Of course I am, Chief."

"Then that's fine as long as you're doing it." Yaga– chief of the Metropolitan Police Department– sighed as he sat down behind the desk and folded his arms in front of his sculpted abdomen. "We need to solve this case really quickly, there are a lot of women who are out there being drawn to things such as being camgirls because of easy money but what they didn't realize is the three missing girls we have had links with that kind of job."

"Yeah, I know. Those bastards," Gojo grunted as he looked at the ceiling, resting on the back rest of the chair in front of Yaga.

Gojo thinks that those bastards who use others for sinful pleasure are the lowest among the lowest, and to use college girls to feed their fantasy are just so messed up in the head. However, he took a deep breath since he can't lie to himself that one of those women who were working as camgirls was his student, and in fact he's one of her – according to Yaga–filthy customers.

But he's doing it to save her. That was what he thought that matters.

"We can't have one more victim, Satoru. We can't afford to have another innocent life be in vain." Yaga said with his hands intertwined under his chin. "You must find at least one of those camgirls and find good information."

"That's hard you know, it's not that easy to find them," he lied. "Finding cam girls is easy, but finding one in your own vicinity is hard."

"Then why can our killer find cam girls in this area where he himself resides?" Yaga growled because he thought that Satoru was just being lazy and doing nothing.

"The suspect is in this town?" Gojo seemed like he was about to jump out of his seat because of newly acquired information.

"Yes, the ISP was located in this town," Yaga sighed. "Satoru, I gave you this case because you're one of the best we have here. I have faith in you. We put you as an undercover professor in Tokyo University because our intel snuffed something fishy. We need information, anything. ASAP."

Gojo felt a tug in his heart, he felt that he's just wasting his chief's trust. The fact that he already knew one girl, he can't just bring himself to solve the case because if he did, that one girl will be forever lost in touch with him.

But as a law enforcer, he had to do it. He had to atone for his own sin of using a sophomore for his own pleasure, "I wouldn't say thank you." He stood up.

Yaga nodded since he knew no one should be thankful when given a dangerous assignment. Gojo walked towards his door and held the knob firmly, but before he walked out, he stopped.

"Hey, Chief. Tell me where the files are?" He asked without even looking at him.

"Geto got them for you, it's all on your desk." He replied.

Gojo opened the door and got out without replying. His action might be rude to someone but to Yaga that was a sign of how serious Satoru was. That man who seemed to be outgoing, cheerful, and always passive was a deadly man.

He had resolved numerous cases before and most of them were about murdered victims, fortunately he was able to give justice to them. And the killers were all sent to jail. But this was the first time he was assigned with this kind of case, a serial killer on the internet.

Gojo was intently reading the files he has in his hands, it was one of the confidential files about a 27-year-old woman brutally murdered and dumped on the river. According to autopsy, her body was r*ped and possibly sodomized. The main cause of death was hemorrhage.

He put a push-pin on the map where the body was located and brought up another file, this time the female was just 25-year-old. Same result in the autopsy. He opened the third–hopefully last– file in this case, and saw a 23-year-old college student.

His brow twitched when he read the word, 'college student'. He rubbed the underside of his lower lip using his forefinger as he read the document. His eyes darted back and forth fast.

"Hemorrhage... again?" He sighed. "Was he watching his victims slowly die?" He mumbled. He set the folders on top of his desk and combed his hair with his bony fingers. His mind kept darting on a certain student.

"And all those girls, were all cam girls..."

"Satoru!" Geto Suguru– his friend and colleague– came running to his desk. "Another girl, a college student from Tokyo University."

He dropped the file on his desk and ran back to the door, "That's only preliminary dets, Intel got something, I'll give you all the details later." He said in one breath before dashing out of the 'pit'.

Gojo felt the hair on his nape stand up as he heard a student from the University he was assigned was the victim. He can almost hear the sound of his heart beating in his head and he was praying that it was not the same woman he was just thinking.

"God..." he whispered while his hand hovered on the folder with a familiar imprint of 'confidential'. He opened it in an instant to deceive his heart that doesn't want to open it.

And saw that it was not the same girl he was thinking, he sighed in relief, but soon turned serious because a student had just died and it was not something one should feel relieved. He read the papers and saw that the girl was one of his class.

"Hinata Mori..." he mumbled, scanning the paper. "Body was found under the train rail... beaten."

He felt his blood run cold when he saw a picture of engraved letters on the student's thigh which read, "Oops, wrong victim" .

His blood immediately boiled when he read those words, he slammed his fist on the desk as he stood up while the chair behind him fell down with a loud thud, "What the fuck?!" How can someone be so insensitive to write something like that and act like this was just a joke.

He kept his eyes on the picture of the victim's thigh, "Then who's the right victim?"