21

CHAPTER 21

Satoru, Y/n, and Nanami were all sitting in the living area with a thick, suffocating atmosphere of tension. Nanami had his eyes on Satoru and the latter didn't even took off his from those emerald orbs of Nanami.

"So, you're the tutor, huh?" Nanami drawled.

"So, you're the guardian, huh?" Satoru retorted back.

None of those two were giving off a friendly aura not even for the sake of the taut Y/n who was sighing at the end side of Nanami's couch. Right now all she wanted was to disappear. "Pineapple juice?" she awkwardly stummered as she sensed hostility from both parties.

"I didn't have any idea that you still have the leisure to teach Y/n despite having Miss Komuro by your side." Nanami passively retaliated when he sensed that Satoru was not backing down. "You are her guardian as of now."

Satoru's eyes narrowed from his words. "Miss Komuro's case has been solved. So, I'm here to take my seat."

"You are reassigned to be her bodyguard until she recovers that was indicated in the file Chief Yaga had sent me." Nanami glowered. "But right now you left her just to be in here. I remember you walking away from Y/n and now you're going to do the same thing. How ironic is that... that history repeats itself."

Y/n felt a tug in her heart. She clenched her fists on her knees and bit the insides of her cheeks. Her thoughts swirl in her mind that Gojo left another person, another woman. She pitied that woman because she had an idea what she might have felt when he walked away from her. The feeling when you needed him most but he was not there... it was fucking frustrating.

She admitted to herself that she was kind of glad that she had the chance to be with Gojo once more. She had faith in him that he would come back just like he promised her but knowing the event that he left Yuki by herself, the way he did to her, made all that glee go away. "This must be what Nobara feels about Gojo-sensei. Disgusting piece of shit."

"You abandoned it, you have no right to reclaim what you left." Nanami scowled at him. "Y/n's not a pup—"

"Okay, you guys. Will you please stop? You're talking about me as if I'm not here." Y/n sighed loudly as those supposed to be grown ups were fighting. Slash that. One grown up and a brat, fighting. "Nanami, you could go upstairs and proceed to your work. I'll be right here as Gojo-sensei teaches me."

Nanami's eyes darted from Gojo to Y/n then back to Gojo, hesitating to say yes.

Y/n let out a groan of defeat internally because she knew the kind of eyes he's giving her, and this made her massage her temples. "I will scream if something happens."

"Of course." Nanami replied coldly before pulling himself up from the couch and going upstairs.

Satoru and Y/n were left in the silence of the living area and no one dared to even break the silence. When Nanami was finally out of sight, Satoru's big hands slowly crept to Y/n's clenched ones.

"Y/n—" Satoru's words were cut off when Y/n hastily stood up, her eyes glaring daggers at his way. This made the professor's chest ache. He was used to people giving him death glares but... not from Y/n.

"Don't touch me," she declared boldly yet just barely above a whisper. "All you have to do is to teach me nothing more, nothing less."

Satoru stood as well and he took a step forward, "But, Y/n... please listen—"

"One more step and I will scream."

Satoru halted from his tracks. There was just a few feet in between them yet why does it feel like she was miles away from him. His hands that were about to reach her slowly dropped down to his sides.