5

CHAPTER 5

Y/n's face was filled with horror. Her eyes were glued on the tiled floor of the police station she was in. Her stupefied figure was bundled with a thick blanket and a policewoman was sitting beside her, trying to make her talk even a single word.

"Sup, Miwa. What happened to that?" Another girl cop, with blond hair in pigtails, approached them with a cup of warm water in her hand and handed it to the other cop.

The woman named Miwa shook her head in defeat, "A little boy found her just a few meters from the rail tracks, he found her like that." Miwa explained. "He said she's not responding even though he's talking to her."

"The boy's smart then," the blond replied.

"Yeah. But we can't pull anything from her. She's been like that for hours now." Miwa scrutinized Y/n's shaken figure. Her ajar lips were pale and her eyes were wide as saucers.

The two female cops sat there in silence as they tried to figure out how they would make her talk or at the very least, drink the warm water since her body felt like ice. Stiff and cold.

"Head's up. Tokyo Dept's here. They'll take her under their custody." The sheriff of the town said, his big stomach and plump cheeks were his prominent features that some would find funny but in situations like this would seem intimidating and shows experienced authority.

"Yes, sir!" The two females saluted and that's when a guy with slant eyes entered the scene.

His slit eyes scanned the room and his orbs landed on the bundled-up girl on the seat. He stepped forward to get to her but his companion beat him to it. He saw Gojo kneeled in front of the girl and cupped her cheeks.

"Is she alright? How long has she been like this?" He asked though his eyes remained fixated on the h/c headed girl.

"She's been like that for straight 3 hours, sir." Miwa sighed in response. "We tried to offer her water but she's not moving at all."

Gojo's eyes look at her with pain. He caressed her cheeks in an attempt to search for any reaction from her but he failed.

He knew that kind of reaction. That's the usual trauma response of someone who had seen terrible things.

He subconsciously bit his lower lip from the thought that he wasn't able to do something for her.

"Suguru Geto, right?" Miwa trailed. "Do you think she's there when the victim..." She couldn't bring herself to finish her own sentence because she knew she was too fragile to even complete it.

"Yes." The slanted-eye man replied. "That's what we're thinking, and the fact that she got that kind of reaction, she had seen it all."

Miwa winced as she imagined a girl like that witnessing a horrendous crime and not only that, she witnessed the death of her own friend. If that happened to her as well, she's sure she'd lose her mind as well.

"We'll take care of her." Gojo stood up and carried the Y/n bridal style. His fiery eyes were hidden behind his black glasses. His grip on her was enough to know that she's in good hands. "Geto, we'll take her to Shoko. She knows what to do with this kind of situation."

They left the office of the sheriff without further explanation nor saying farewell. Suguru sat on the driver's seat while Gojo put the dazed Y/n on the backseat before proceeding to sit beside Suguru.

No one talked as the cat-eyed man started the engine and drove off. Not until they're on the busy road.

"Poor girl," Suguru started as he steered the wheel. "Isn't she your student? And the girl she was with was under your supervision, right?"