17

CHAPTER 17

Satoru sat idly on his chair near the door of the private room of the hospital as he waited for Yuki's treatment to begin. He was looking at the floor as if that was the most intriguing thing in this room right now but in his head, he was being devoured by his thoughts of leaving Y/n alone.

Though he didn't regret the fact that he left Y/n aware that she was safe in her apartment to help this poor woman. But a part of him couldn't settle down knowing she might be left defenseless. But he soon shook that thought out of his system because he knew Yaga would never leave her alone. He was sure that his chief would send someone to accompany her.

Right?

"Sir, would you please step outside for a moment as we check Miss Yuki's body for more wounds?" The female nurse spoke as gently and respectful as possible, gaining his full attention in the process.

Satoru meekly nodded his head and was about to stand when Yuki spoke with a trembling voice. "Please, don't leave. I'm scared."

"Don't worry, I'll just be right behind this door." Satoru reassured her with his toothy-grin. But behind that, he really wanted to leave and just go straight to Y/n.

However, Yuki's eyes began to well with tears and with a meek voice, she pleaded, "Please..."

Satoru and the nurse sighed in defeat.

He turned to his side so they could have their privacy and pulled his phone to see if Y/n left him any message. She would usually tell him where she was and what she was doing since that would eased his mind from overthinking. And now that he didn't receive any message from her, he was thinking that she was just in her apartment. "At least she's easy to deal with." He sighed and threw his head back looking at the ceiling for a few seconds until he let out a groan of frustration and grabbed his disheveled hair in the process.

"I'll be just outside, don't worry you're safe here." Satoru sent Yuki a smile who was now without her top clothes. "I'll be back here in a jeepy."

"O-Okay," she responded timidly as she pulled a blanket over her naked body.

Satoru couldn't help but get worried about Y/n. He doesn't usually feel this kind of dreadful sensation creeping to his spine, but he knew he should never ignore his guts. Because the last time he did, he found himself looking at the bright light of O.R., barely awake from a bullet that went through his shoulder.

He got out to the garden near the ramp of E.R. and called Y/n's number as he was lazily trodding to the fountain. He heard her phone ringing before his call went to voicemail. "Was she sleeping? It's just 7pm, she'd normally sleep half an hour past 11." he murmured to himself as he looked at Y/n's phone number.

His feet were itching to drive off and go to check up on her but a responsibility tied with the Mayor's daughter was the only thing that made stay there. He thought for a moment until he came up with a good idea.

He called another phone number, "Hey, Toge. Could you come to the Tokyo General Hospital for a moment? I want you to accompany Ms. Komuro." He said with a light voice.

["But sir I was stationed in the paper works."]

"But I am your lieutenant. And I want you to experience the work on the field, it's better to experience everything when you're still a junior police officer, right?"

["Err— okay. I'll be there in 10 minutes."]

He hung up the call after they bade each other, "See you." He let out a deep sigh of relief as he thought that he would have the time to go to Y/n despite knowing that he would face Yaga or the Mayor's wrath after leaving Yuki. But who cares.