31

CHAPTER 31

Satoru went inside as drizzle began to pour but when he entered the living area, he found no one, which made him think that both girls went upstairs and slept. He was quite worried about Y/n and Yuki, he knew Yuki had this attitude and Y/n had this passive aggressiveness.

He could only pray to God that those two won't do anything that would put themselves in danger.

He was about to go to his room to have some rest his body was longing for when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, he peered at the caller ID and for a moment. But as soon as he did, he felt the hair on his nape stood. He was hesitant for a moment as his hands began to shake before he pressed the green button.

He put the phone beside his ear yet didn't speak anything and waited for the caller to throw out the first word.

["Hello? Satoru!"] Geto bellowed cheerily like he always does when he was calling Satoru. ["Hey, hey, hey? Are you there?"]

Satoru felt his airways tighten as he heard his voice. He bit his lower lip as he himself refused to believe that this man was Satsujin. He can't accept it. His free hand clenched so tight that he could feel the blood oozing on the edges of his knuckles.

["Yellow, yellow! Is this the butt of Satoru who answered the phone?"] Satoru heard a chortle from the other side. ["Hello to you too Satoru's bum!"]

He had been briefed by one of his co-workers in his department about everything before Geto called and everything made sense. The evidence, the tracks, the descriptions, the observations they made, everything about their data was pointing out Geto and only Geto.

"No, he's not... he's not like that. He would never do that." He chuckled bitterly in his head. "He would never do that."

"Geto." Satoru managed to mutter out of his aching throat after a while of uncertainty, "'Sup."

["Ah, finally!"] Geto roared. ["I thought your bum had answered the phone, disgusting!"]

Satoru let out a forced laugh as he said, "Yeah..."

["So, anyway, Yaga said I should be there to get Yuki."]

"Ah, yeah about that."

["So, where are you right now?"]

Satoru felt another surge of fear cross his chest, he swallowed the lump forming in his throat multiple times so his words would not come out as hoarse, "I'll... I'll send it to you."

["Alright, make it quick, 'kay? It's already midnight..."]

"About that, you could pick up Yuki tomorrow morning to the address I'll give you, okay?" Satoru said, heart was still heavy.

["Alright, much better. It's safer that way. We can't be too sure, there are 2 Satsujin out there."]

"Yeah..." and you're not one of them, right? Satoru bit his tongue to refrain himself from asking that. Every nerve in his body couldn't believe it.

["'Kay, I'll be there at 5 in the morning, better be ready! Ciao!"] Geto ended the call with a beep.

He knew he could trust his life to that man... right?

He gave him his address. Satoru got straight upstairs, longing for a deep rest. He didn't know what kind of rest he should take, because this was the second time he felt this kind of dilemma. The first one was choosing where he should go after his parent's divorce.

But when he found no rest in his room, he proceeded to go to Y/n's room. It was dark and he couldn't see anything but his memory guided to where her bed was.