20

CHAPTER 20

"Where are you going?" Yuki asked with her usual high-pitched voice when she saw Gojo in his police uniform, his hair was still a beautiful mess. "I thought we're going out today? I don't have things here." She asked with a pout while biting the spoon of her ice cream. Her neatly trimmed brows were furrowed.

Yuki was currently in the dining area of Gojo's condo and having her way with his favorite ice-cream. Though he would usually throw a tantrum if someone touched his sweets, he shrugged this one off since he didn't have time to argue first thing in the morning.

"Got to report to the office," Gojo replied with a rather cold demeanor while tying his boots. "And I don't think you have any problem using things that weren't yours." He added with a soft grunt as he stood up.

Yuki groaned when she realized that he would leave her there. "Will you come back early?" She asked, completely unaware of his sarcasm.

"Depends on the meeting," he replied before finally getting out of his own condo. And just like that, he walked out without even batting an eye to Yuki.

Satoru drove his car to TPD Headquarters. He headed up straight to Yaga's office, who was busy with a phone call when he arrived. Though he wanted to yank that phone away from him to have his full attention, but he still had a thin string of patience that was holding him back.

"Alright, I will send it to Nanami as soon as possible." Yaga said before putting the phone back to its holder and finally meeting Gojo's intense gaze. "So, what's the reason for you being here Lieutenant Gojo?" He asked unamused.

Gojo remained leaning on the closed door of Yaga's office with his arms stiffly folded on his chest, afraid of what he might do if he was to step closer to him. With a sigh he asked, "Why the hell did you agree to the Mayor's request? I was assigned to Y/n L/n's case, you can't just pull me out and put me in another case just because you want to." He said with a clenched jaw.

"Nanami is handling Miss L/n's case—"

"I AM holding her case." Gojo intervened. His brows were bridging and his eyes were wide from anger, he could even hear his own teeth grinding to each other as they spoke. His usual friendly demeanor was nowhere in the scene. "There's no WAS in my words."

"Gojo, you have to understand that Yuki Komuro's case was a—"

"It has been resolved! What more do you need?" This time Gojo had got off from the door he was leaning on and now standing straight, his eyes were digging holes to Yaga's shaded ones. "We have a lot of police here, I could even send my junior officers to aid her!" At this point, Gojo couldn't control his voice. "Why does she have to be with me 24/7?"

"Mind your voice when you're—"

A sharp scoff from Gojo cut into Yaga's words which he was used to. Yaga knew Gojo could be as stubborn as a bull when he wants something, but despite that behavior he can't deny his skills were beyond ordinary. "So, you were saying that Yuki Komuro's closed case is more important than L/n sister's on-going case? Is that what you mean? She needs me, Yaga!"

"She doesn't need you, Gojo!" Yaga's voice was thundering, meeting Gojo's sharp retort, making the latter step back a bit. "Do you think that news would not reach me? Nanami reported your negligence. Twice, Satoru. TWICE from your care she almost slipped! Do you think I wouldn't take any action regarding that? She's the only thing we have to solve this Satsujin case and you're messing it up because of your childish antics!"

Gojo's mouth was ajar and his irises trembled while watching Yaga's every move and listening to every word he said. A bullet of sweat cascaded on the side of his face even with the air-conditioned room they were in.