Getting to know her

"I guess I'm hungry" If I didn't hate her right now, I would be asking her what she cooked that smelled so good, complimenting her. But she stole my dad away from me, and I hated her for that. It didn't matter how good she looked or how good she could cook.
She was a complete stranger to me and I was supposed to adapt and live with her. My life changed completely in a matter of a day.

She noticed my coldness towards her and her gentle smile quickly faded away.

"Could you do me a favour and set the table?" She said bringing me out of my thoughts.
"Sure"
"The plates are in that drawer and the rest is in that other one." she said while pointing at the drawers.

I went and started setting the table in an awkward silence, not wanting to talk. My dad eventually came right before the dinner was ready.
I didn't say a word to him, even though he tried talking to me multiple times. Eventually he gave up and we had a silent dinner. Sarah and my dad didn't say a word to each other either.

I have to admit, the food was as good as it smelled. Sarah is an excellent cook.
When we finished I excused myself and went to my bedroom isolating myself again.

After a while someone knocked on my door. When I opened the door, I was met with a tall looking figure. My eyes gazed from her chest to her eyes. I knew she was tall, but I didn't remember her that tall.

"Can we talk?" Sarah said.
I opened the door and gestured for her to come in. She entered and sat on the edge of my bed, her legs spread wide while her elbows leaned on them.
I was standing in front of her, waiting for her to say something.
"Iris, I know this is a big change for you and it must be weird, but I want us to be on good terms. What can I do for you to be more comfortable?" She was looking at me, holding eye contact while her hands were fidgeting with her rings. I couldn't bear the eye contact, I was getting nervous so I looked down at my shoes.
I wanted to tell her to get out of my dads life but that would be stupid. I don't even know what she could do to make me feel better. All I wanted was my dad to prioritise me and spend time with me.
"I don't know" I finally said.
She stood up and came right in front of me. She gently lifted up my chin with her finger so that our eyes could meet again.
"That's not a good answer darling" I could feel heat spread to my chest as I remained speechless while my eyes wanted to escape hers.
"I expect you to be ready at 9am tomorrow. We're going somewhere, you and me. Don't be late." She said  before letting go of my chin and walking away.
I was frozen in place, still shocked at her words. She makes me feel some type of way that I couldn't even describe.

The next day:

I woke up early today. It wasn't related to yesterday's events at all. (Lol)

I didn't know what I needed to wear since I didn't know what we were going to do. I hate not knowing what to wear. My whole closet was laying on my bed as I was still trying to figure out my outfit of the day.
Don't make plans with an indecisive person without telling them where you are going or at least what to wear.

I finally gave up and settled for basic blue jeans and a light green corset like top. Assuming we wouldn't do anything fancy. If we were, she should've told me.

After doing a light make-up, I headed downstairs to the kitchen. I didn't know how the day was going to play out.

When I got there she was sitting on a stool eating some ananas while looking outside the window.

I walked past her to grab a glass while her eyes followed me around.

"Good morning Iris, how did you sleep?" Sarah voiced out
"Okay I guess" I said while sitting in front of her.
She puched the plate of ananas offering it to me and poured me some water in my glass.
"What if I didn't want to drink water" I said, even though it was exactly what I wanted.
"You should always start your day with a glass of water darling." She said in a smart tone.
Was she trying to make me look stupid. I would've loved smacking that smart mouth of hers.