Who is she?

"First of all, calm down. Secondly, it's a friend." She tried to say calmly.

"Did you guys f*ck?" I spitted out.

Her hesitating look turned into a devilish one. I felt something change in her. It's like my words flipped a switch in her brain.

"Why? Are you jealous little one?" She said with her raspy voice, challenging me to answer.

My face couldn't help but redden and she noticed. I took a sip of water trying to hide my face as much as I could.

"It's okay if you have a crush on me sweetheart" she exclaimed proudly.

"You didn't answer my question" I replied confidently trying to ignore her statement.

"No we didn't" Her voice finally answered annoyed.

I could finally breathe again. I stood up and started walking to my room before a hand grabbed my wrist making me turn around. She was holding me so tightly looking at me with pleading eyes.

"Let's do a movie night tonight" She gently asked.

"I'm not really in the mood" I had to play hard to get after today.

"Why?" She looked at me confused and then added "come on it's been a while, can you make an effort for me please ?"

"Fine but I pick the movie"
She nodded and led me to the couch still holding my wrist.

She sat on the couch and motioned me to sit next to her which I did.

I picked 'Wonka' as everyone was talking about it.

During the movie all my brain could think about was Sarah. I wanted to lay in her arms so badly, they looked so comfortable and warm. It was taking everything in me not to do it, because for some reason I was born with a big ego.

"Are you okay" she asked concerned.

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" I said while looking in her sweet eyes.

She let out a laugh before saying "Your face looks tensed up, like you want to k*ll someone"

"I'm fine" I replied.

"Come here" she said while gently pulling me into her arms.

I suddenly felt at ease. My face finally relaxed and I could finally enjoy the movie properly .

We were half through the movie when we heard a phone ringing. It was her phone. She checked who was calling and stood up walking to a safe distance before answering.

I looked at her as she was talking rather aggressively with the other person.

After a couple of minutes she came back to me with a soft smile on her face, different from the frustrated expression she had on the phone.

"I'm sorry princess, I need to take care of some business." A shadow of sadness lingered within her gaze.
"You finish the movie and tell me all about it when I get back, okay?"

What do you mean when you get back? Couldn't she do it from home. I tried to conceal my disappointment but my eyes betrayed me as her eyes softened by regret.

"When will you be back?" I asked while looking at my feet. I didn't want her to see how much I didn't want her to leave.

"I don't know, this might take a while. But I'll do as fast as I can, I promise"
She walked up to her study then came back with a bag that looked heavy. She walked towards me before kissing me on my forehead and then exiting the house.

I had no choice but to be patient and finish the movie. It was getting late and she still didn't come home.

I started another movie and just sat on the couch waiting for her.