The starry night

A/N: This is a small one but a needed one. The story is building and the interesting parts are coming. I hope you guys like it.
This is actually my first book and English is not my first language so idk if it's okay or not.

She pulled the chair out of the table making it easier for me to sit.
As we sat down, I started analysing the place.
It was so different from downstairs. There was a cosy wooden aesthetic. It was a lot more personal and intimate than downstairs. I could see the room reflect some parts of her personality.

The balcony was surrounded by plants and we were sitting on a small round table. It felt like we were transported to Italy.
Downstairs was more of a chic ambiance that had his charm. But here, it felt like we were alone on the planet.
We were so close to each other on that small table that our legs were touching.
This seemed all very romantic. Was this a date or was I delusional?
She is supposed to be my dads girlfriend or even worse my stepmom.

I was gazing at the starry night, and the full moon as her company calmed me down. The aromas from the delicious food were floating around and it made me really hungry.

You could hear from afar the cosy noise of the people enjoying their food downstairs.

The waiters brought us some plates.

"Aren't we going to order?" I asked as we were already being served.
"No, they know what to bring, don't worry." She said.

We were enjoying our food and I thought this was the perfect time to investigate her life.

"So what made you own this Italian restaurant ?" I curiously asked.
"I'm actually Italian, and it was always my moms dream to have her own Italian restaurant. I wanted it to come true for her even after her death." She said with shiny eyes.
"I'm sorry I didn't know"
"It's okay, I love this place. I feel her presence every time I come here, especially upstairs. She designed it like her childhood home in Italy. Even some of the furniture comes from there. That's why it's not open for customers."
We continued talking and we shared a lot about our lives. I learned that she still has family in Italy and some here too. Her brother lives in France and she has a niece that she sees on holidays. She own 20 restaurants and a couple clubs all over the world and even has a car dealership, but she has a lot of people helping her with everything.

They brought the tiramisu and it was the best thing I've ever tasted. Usually I don't like it as it tastes too much like coffee but this one had an équilibrâtes amount. The texture melted in my mouth and I could taste all the effort into making this.

« You like it? » she asked, clearly noticing my satisfaction.
« I love it, you should double the salary of whoever made this masterpiece »
« Then I guess I should pay myself more » she said while chuckling.

Wait a minute, she made this? I know she can cook but this was next level. I was really amazed.

« it's my family's recipe, I made it last night for the occasion, I'm happy you like it »
« Liking is and understatement, I love it! »

I was enjoying the food while suddenly I felt some warmth pressure on my left hand. When I looked I saw her hand on mine holding it tightly. My eyes looked up and met hers. She was glaring at me, deep down my soul. She wouldn't stop and I couldn't keep eye contact. I quickly looked away and put my hand under the table. I was feeling nervous, it was like my face was on fire.  I didn't know why she would do that. I'm not a touchy person, not even with my friends, so I'm not used to physical contact.

I kept looking down at my now empty plate while I felt her still gazing at me.

We went home not long after and went our separate ways.