chapter 2

KINN'S POV:-

"We should take this somewhere more private" the brown haired guy trailed his fingers down my arm, his hazel eyes bright with invasion as he swiped his tongue over his bottom lip
"Or not... Whatever you're into"
My lips curved, not enough to classify as a smile, but enough to broadcast my thoughts, honey you can't handle what I'm into. Despite his crop top, tight jeans and suggestive words, he looked like the type who expected sweet nothings or lovemaking in bed. I didn't do sweet nothings or lovemaking. I fucked in a certain way, and only specific type of men were into that shit. No hardcore BDSM but not soft. No kissing and no face to face contact. Men agreed, then tried to change it up halfway through, after which I'd stop and show them the door, I have no tolerance for people who can't keep up to a single agreement.
That's why I stuck to a roster of familiar rotating names when I needed a release. Both sides k ew what to expect. The brown haired male was not making it into that roster.
"Not tonight" I swirled the ice in my glass "it's my friend's farewell part"
He followed my gaze towards Johnathan. Who was basking in female attention of his own, he sprawled on the couch, one if the few remaining pieces of furniture after he packed the house up in anticipation of his year abroad, and grinned while three women fawned over him. He has always been the charming one. While I put people on edge. He put them at ease. And his approach towards the fairer sex was the opposite of mine, the more the merrier, according to Johnathan, he has probably fucked half of our states females by now.
"He can join too" the brown haired male edged closer his chest touched my arm. I was already bored with the conversation, nothing turns me off more then desperation, which reeked stronger then his cologne, I didn't bother answering. Instead, I scanned the room for something more interesting to hold my attention, if it were a party for anyone else but Johnathan, I would've skipped it, between my job as CEO of theerapanyakul groups and my side project I had enough on my plate without attending pointless social gatherings, but Johnathan was my best friend, one of the few people whose company i could stand for more then an hour at a time, and he was leaving Monday for his gap year as his major volunteer in Canada. So here I was, pretending like I actually wanted to be here, a silvery sounded like laugh pealed through the air, drawing my attention towards the source.
Bible, of course.
Johnathan's little brother has always been so sweet and sunshiney all the time. I half expected flowers to rain over him and sprouts oven the ground wherever he walked. He stood in the corner with his friends. His face bright with animation as he laughed at something one of his friends said. I wonder if it was a real or a fake laugh. Most laughs hell, most people were fake. They woke up every morning and put on a mask According to what they wanted that day and who they wanted the world to see. They smiled at people they hated, laughed at jokes that weren't funny. And loved those they secretly hope to kill. I wasn't judging like everyone else, I had my masks. And they ran layers deep. But unlike everyone else. I had as much interest in faking and small talks as I did in injecting bleach into my veins.
Knowing bible, his laugh was real, poor guy. The world would eat him alive once he left the Thayer's. Not my problem though,
"Yo" Johnathan appeared beside me, his hairs tousled and his mouth stretched into a wide grin. His hangers on were nowhere, wait... No. There they were, dancing to Beyoncé like they were auditioning for a gig at the strip angle while a circle of guys watched them with their mouth opened. Men. My gender could use a little more standards and a little less thinking with their small head.
"Thanks for showing up man, worry I haven't said hi till yet. I've been busy"
"I saw" I arched an eyebrow at the lipstick print smeared on the corner of his mouth.
"There's little something on your face"
His grin widened.
"Badge of honor, speaking of which, I'm not Interrupting, am I?"
I glanced at the brown haired male who'd moved on making out with other men after failing to capture my Interest.
"No" I shook my head.
"A hundred bucks says you won't survive the full year in Canada, no women, no parties, you'll be back before Halloween"
"Oh ye a little of faith, there will be women and the party is wherever I am" Johnathan swiped an unopened beer from a nearby cooler and cracked it open
"I actually wanted to talk to you about that, me being gone" he clarified.
"Don't tell me you're getting sentimental on me. If you bought is friendship bracelets then I'm out"
"Fuck you dude" he laughed.
"I wouldn't buy an emotionless creature like you jewelry even if you paid me, this is about bible"
My glass paused an inch from my lips before I brought it home and the sweet burn of whiskey flowed down my throat, I hate beer. It tastes too bad. But since it was the drink at Johnathan's party I was drinking it.
"What about him?"
Johnathan and his brother was close even if they bricked so much. I wanted to duct tape their mouth sometimes. That was the nature of sumettikul siblings. Something I never had quite gotten to experience.
The whiskey turned sour into my mouth and I set down my glass with a grimace.
"I'm worried about him" Johnathan rubbed a hand over his jaw. His expressions growing serious.
"I know that he is a big guy and can rake care of himself unless he is getting stranded in the middle of nowfuckingwhere. Thanks for picking him up, by the way. But he's never been on his own so long and he can be a little too trusting"
I had an inkling of where Johnathan was going with this. And I didn't likes it at all.
" he won't be alone, he has his friends" I inclined my head towards said friends, one of them. A curvy black haired male. Johnathan snorted
"build? He's a liability. Not help. Apo is as trusting as bible and Jeff... Well he has security but he's not around as much"
"You dont need to worry. Thayer's safe and the crime rate is almost zero here"
"Yes but I'd feel better if I had someone I trust looking after him, you know?"
Fuck, the train was heading straight off a cliff and I couldn't do anything to stop it.
"I wouldn't ask. I know you've got alot of shit going on but he broke up with his ex who has been harassing him, I always knew he was a piece of shit but he wouldn't listen to me. Anyways, if you could keep an eye on him, just to make sure he doesn't get killed or kidnapped or anything? I'd owe you big"
"you already owe me for all those times I saved your ass" I said wryly
"you had fun while doing it, you're too uptight sometimes" Johnathan grinned "So is that a yes?"
I glanced at bible again, took him in. He was 24,younger then me and Johnathan. But he managed to appear both, younger and older then his years. He must've felt me staring because he paused and looked at me directly. His eyes quiet wide as he looked away again. He was wearing straight leg pants and oversized hoodie that made him look so innocent. But my mind flashed back to our car ride, when his damp shirt had clung to him like a second skin and his chest had strained against it. I'd meant what I said about him not being my type, but I enjoyed the view, I could imagine myself lifting that shirt and closing my mouth around those sweet hardened nipples-
I yanked myself out of that startling fantasy fast, what the fuck was wrong with me? That was Johnathan's brother. Innocent, sharp eyes, and so sweet that I could throw up. The total opposite of sophisticated. The man that I preferred both in and out of bed. I didn't had to worry about the feeling with the latter, they knew better then to develop any around me, bible was nothing but feelings, with a hint of sass.
A ghost of a smile passed over my mouth when I remembered his parting shot earlier, not the worst thing anyone's said to me. Not by a long shot. But more aggressive then I'd expected coming from him. I'd never heard him say a bad word to or about anyone before, I took perverse pleasure in the fact that I could rile him up so much
"Kinn" Johnathan prompted
"I don't know, dude" I dragged my eyes away from bible
"I'm not much of a babysitter"
"Good thing he's not a baby" he quipped "look, I know this is a big ask, but you're the only person I trust not to, you know-"
" Fuck him? "
"jesus, dude" Johnathan looked like he swallowed a lemon
" Don't use that word in relation to my brother, it's gross but yeah... I mean we both know that he's not your type and even if he was, you'd never go there"
A silver of guilt flashed through me when I remembered my errant fantasy a few moments ago.
" But it's more important that that" Johnathan continued, I sighed
" I'll take care of him, don't worry"
I was going to regret this, I knew it.
"you're the best" Johnathan was saying, his grin back now, until my phone rang, I held up a finger
"Be right back, I have to take this"
I distanced myself from the party and picked the call up.
"Sawadee krab uncle" I used the Thai term for my uncle.
"Kinn" my uncle's voice rasped over the line, scratchy from decades of cigarettes and the wear and tear of life "I hope I'm not Interrupting"
"No" I glanced through the sliding glass door at the revelry side.
"Did you take care of the problem?"
My uncle asked.
"Not yet, I will, we're close"
To justice, vengeance, salvation.
"Good" my uncle coughed.
"Your family will be at peace soon"
He said.
"There's a board meeting next week"
I said, switching the subject.
"I'll be in town for the day"
My uncle was the official CEO of the archer group, the estate development company he founded a decade ago with my guidance. I had a knack for business even as a teenager. Me and my uncle talked about business for awhile before I hung up and joined the party.
"Everything good?" Johnathan called out from the couch
"Yes" to my irritation, my gaze stayed towards bible. He was in the kitchen. Eating cake and laughing with his friends. His pale skin glowed with a faint sheen of sweat from dancing. And his hairs perfect fell on his forehead. He looked perfect.
"About your earlier request, I have an idea"...