chapter 27

BIBLE POV:-

I loved New York
I loved it's energy and posh accents and the anticipation that I might sight one of the royals any days I didn't but I couldn't.
I'd been nervous, moving to a city where I had zero connections but the rest of the WYP fellows and instructors were great, after two weeks loving in New York and attending workshops, I had already formed a small circle of friends, we celebrated happy tour at pubs, went on photoshoots together on the weekends and did touristy.
I missed my friends and Johnathan, but we video called often and Jeff promised to visit me
I rummaged through my bag for my headphones while walking down the steps.
My fingers closed around the thin white wires right when I felt a prick of heat on my neck, an electric awareness I hadn't felt in months
No.
I was afraid to look up but my curiosity got the better of me, my pulse quickened as I lifted my eyes slowly, higher...higher..and there he was, standing less then three feet away.
He was still here. In New York, Infront of me
The panic intensified
"Hey" he said softly
I flinched at the sound of his voice, if looking at him was a punch in the gut
"Why are you here?"
Kinn stuffed his hands in his pockets, his throat flexing with a hard swallow.
"I'm here for you"
"You don't need me anymore, you got your revenge and I'm not interested in whatever new game you're playing so leave me. Alone."
Pain slashed across his face
"This isn't a game, I promise, this is just me, asking for forgiveness, not right now but hope that one day you won't hate me and we might get a second chance...I'll always need you, sunshine."
Sunshine. This word tore me apart.
Stop calling me Sunshine
Why?
Because it's not my name
I'm aware, it's a nickname
"Your Promises mean nothing to me and even if they did, they're six months too late"
"I know...I thought I was protecting you, that you were better off without me after what happened with my uncle, I couldn't risk you getting hurt again because of your association with me"
"I asked that day if any of it was real and you looked me and said it was a lesson for the future, so consider, the lesson learned"
"It was real..all of it, they're not lies, sunshine-"
"don't cal me that! And just leave me alone!"
"I can't do that, sunshi- bible..I'll wait however long it takes, but I'll never be okay with a world in which you're alone"
"Maybe I'll find someone else"
"The hell you will" he snarled
"I'll kill any man that touches you"
"You have no right" I hissed back
"I'm done with you"
I walked away before he could respond
"Bible, please"
He said following me
"At least let me drive you home"
I didn't said anything
"It's cold here and you're wearing just a t-shirt! Sweetheart, please... you'll get sick"
I clenched my teeth so hard that my jaw hurt, I kept my head low, desperate to reach the warm safety of my flat, eventually kinn stopped talking and simply walked beside me, a glowering presence who ensured everyone else gave me a wide berth
After what felt like an eternity, we reached my building, I didn't looked at him as I took out my key and jammed it into the lock, he didn't followed me inside the building but I could feel the heat of his gaze.
Once I got in, without looking back for even once, I closed the door and entered my flat.
I forced myself to walk inside.
What should I do?
Ask him to come in? It's dark and cold outside...what if he gets sick? Hurt?
"He won't" I said out loud, scrubbing my skin so hard.
"Kinn Doesn't get hurt, he does the hurting"
The imagine of him standing miserably in the cold flashed through my mind...I didn't make him follow me or stand out there..if he caught a cold or something...it was on him.
I sat on my chair Infront of the table, trying to edit photos but eventually failed as I couldn't focus.