chapter 3

BIBLE POV:-

"I hope you appreciate what a good friend I am" Jeff yawned as we tromped across our front yard towards Johnathan's house.
"For waking up at the butt crack of dawn to help your brother clean and pack when I don't even like the dude"
I laughed as I looped my arm through his.
"I'll buy you a caramel mocha from your fav cafe. Promise"
"Yeah yeah" he paused "large with extra crunch toppings?"
"You know it"
"Fine" Jeff yawned again.
"That makes somewhat worth it"
Jeff and Johnathan never got along even though they had alot in similar.
The front door was already open, so we didn't bother knocking. Johnathan has put most of his furniture into storage last week. And the only thing left to pack was the couch, a few kitchen items and the weird abstract painting in the living room, Johnathan came to us and greeted us a little good morning. Jeff and Johnathan behaved rude to each other for the rest of the hours. We packed remaining items and soon. The only thing left to be packed was the painting.
"Tell me you're donating this too" I eyed the massive canvas.
"I don't know how it will fit in the car. Nah I'll just leave it here, he likes it"
"Who?" As far as I knew, no one had taken over Johnathan's lease yet. But it was still Jeff. And I expected the place to go fast closer to the start of the semester.
"You'll see"
I didn't like the smile on his face. At all
The low purr of engine filled the air
Johnathan's smile broadened
"As a matter of fact, you'll see right now"
I exchanged glances with Jeff before going towards the front door and pushed it open.
A familiar Aston Martin idled in the driveway. The door opened and kinn stepped out looking more gorgeous then any human had the right to look in jeans, a black button down shirt with sleeves rolled up, he took off his sunglasses and assessed us with cool eyes. Unfazed by the mini welcoming party on the front door. Only I didn't felt particularly welcoming
"But...but that's kinn" I stammered
"Hey dude" Johnathan slapped hands with kinn. "Where's your stuff?"
"The moving company is bringing it later" kinn spoke with chill tone
He was a jerk.
"Wait... Moving comp- you're not moving here"
Johnathan slung an arm over my shoulder
"Actually, he is... Meet your new neighbor my nong"
My eyes widened in shock
"No no no no no I don't need a babysitter"
"Who said anything about babysitting?" Johnathan shrugged
"He's looking after the house for me"
"Ha?! You want him to keep an eye on me"
"That's a bonus" Johnathan's face softened.
"Oh" left my mouth.
"And it doesn't hurt to have someone you can rely on especially gives this whole thing with gun"
I winced at the mention of my ex. Gun had been blowing up my phone since I caught him cheating on me a month and a half ago he'd even show up at the gallery where I worked a few times. Begging for another chance, I wasn't devastated by our breakup. We dated for a few months only.
"I can handle myself" I pulled Johnathan's arm off my shoulder.
"Call the moving company and cancel"
I told kinn who had been ignoring us and scrolling through his phone the whole time.
"You don't have to move here. Don't you have stuff to do in your company?"
"Theerapanyakul group is twenty minutes drive away from here" he said without looking up.
"You" Johnathan pointed at Jeff
"Don't pull any of your shenanigans while im gone"
"It's cute how you think you have a say in my life" Jeff said
"I don't give a shit about your life. It's when you drag bible into your dirty schemes. I'm concerned"
"Newflash: you don't have a say in bible's life either. He's his own person"
"He's my brother-"
"He's my best friend-"
"Remember when you almost got him arrested-"
"You have to let that go that was three years ago-"
"PEOPLE" I pressed my finger to my temple, dealing with Johnathan and Jeff was like dealing with childrens.
"Stop arguing"
"As your big brother, it's my job to protect you and to appoint someone to fill in for me when I'm not here"
I grew up with him. I recognized that look, he wasn't budging
"I assume that phii kinn is the fill in?"
"I'm not a fill in or anything" kinn said icily "don't do anything and we'll be fine"
I groaned and covered my face with my hands, this was going to be a long year.