Chapter 16

"The best thing to hold onto in life is each other."

Tong Yao went over to the fridge to get some water and then looked around, remembering each and every stupid thing she did the day before. After drinking a sip or two, she ran upstairs to Lu Sicheng's room and opened the door slightly. She saw that no one was there except Little Fatty was snoring loudly. Tong Yao gasped when someone put their hands on her waist. She turned around to see her boyfriend looking at her with a stern look.

"Whom are you looking for?"

"I was looking for you."

"Why?"

"Did I do anything inappropriate yesterday?"

"Yes."

"What?"

Tong Yao was really scared and confused because she thought she really had done something. Lu Sicheng didn't tell her anything but just carried her down to the sofa despite her protests.

"You still have to tell me how you knew Lu Yue, my brother."

"Umm... He was my childhood friend."

"Just a childhood friend?"

"Yes."

"Good."

Lu Sicheng walked away after saying that. He sat down on his gaming chair and scrolled down on his phone. When Tong Yao walked up to Lu Sicheng and put her hands on her hips and said: "What was that for?"

Lu Yue: "What?"

Tong Yao: "Hey, shut up."

Suddenly, Tong Yao turned around and almost jumped to see Lu Yue sitting on her chair. Lu Yue didn't care but just laughed and continued playing his match on her seat using her account.

Tong Yao: "Retard, get lost. That is my chair."

Lu Yue: "Why should I?"

Tong Yao: "Because this is the mid's seat, not the substitute's."

Lu Yue: "I won't move."

Tong Yao: "Then I'll call aunty and say that you are behaving really bad and she'll take you back."

Lu Sicheng: "Oh, you even know my mom?"

Tong Yao: "Yes."

Lu Sicheng: "Great that makes it easier for me."

Lu Yue: "Oooh..."

Tong Yao: "Shut up. Who says I'm meeting your mom??"

Lu Sicheng: "You don't want someone to marry you??"

Lu Yue: "What's going on here. Are you two dating??"

After Tong Yao heard the two brothers, she blushed and looked at Lu Yue with a fierce look. Lu Yue looked at her and got so frightened that he ran over to sit on the sofa. Tong Yao smirked and sat on her seat.

Tong Yao: "Idiot!! Why did you make me lose 400 points? Since when are you playing? Lu Sicheng, can't you teach your brother some manners?

Lu Sicheng: "He is too stupid to learn em'."

Lu Yue: "Ge, the way you look at her is weird, even the way you talk to her is so weird. What's going on between you two?"

Tong Yao: "Nothing. We're university just friends."

Lu Yue: "Oh."

Tong Yao saw that Lu Sicheng was still not looking away from her. When she looked at herself, she realized she was still in her night dress that was only reaching her thighs. She blushed harder this time and pulled her chair towards his when Lu Yue was looking away. She whispered: "Cheng Ge, you better not look at me like that. They'll find out. I'll go change."

Tong Yao was still flustered and so, she turned around to go away but Lu Sicheng caught her arm and pulled her chair back towards him. "You are forbidden to wear this outside of your room. No one else can see you like that."

Tong Yao kicked his foot, got up from her chair and ran upstairs to her room. Tong Yao found herself a pair pants and a sweatshirt. She went down but saw that Little Fatty was telling that he would never accept Lu Yue as a teammate. She was really going crazy with all the stuff happening at their base. At last, she screamed out, "What's going on here?"

Little Fatty: "After what Lu Yue did, I will never accept him as a teammate."

Tong Yao: "God..."

Old K: "Yes. Somethings cannot be forgiven."

Tong Yao sighed when Old K and Little Fatty walked away, leaving Lu Yue a little sad. Tong Yao went over to him and asked: "Tell me what happened, I'll help you get it sorted out."

Lu Yue told that he was suspended because he had gotten into a fight with Brother A. Brother A had ridiculed ZGDX and the Lu family so, he got mad and he was so drunk. He hit them with a glass bottle but before he could run away, all of Brother A's team members pinned Lu Yue to the ground and punched him hard. God Ming came running to save him but instead got cut in his hand. Thankfully Ai Jia was right there in the washroom and he came towards Lu Yue, God Ming and the others. He told them that he would call the police if they didn't leave. So, they left.

Tong Yao was carefully listening to this. She got up, took his hand and led him to their gaming area, where Lu Sicheng was sitting and growing a little jealous. Tong Yao made Lu Yue sit on Old K's seat and called Ai Jia.

A phone call conversation between Tong Yao and Ai Jia:

Tong Yao: "Hello? Brother-in-law?"

Ai Jia: "Hello. What's up?"

Tong Yao: "Need a favor since I've helped you with the Jin Yang problem."

Ai Jia: "Anything."

Tong Yao: "Make a livestream explaining Lu Yue's situation please."

Ai Jia: "Okay. I'll start after an hour."

Tong Yao: "Thanks Ai Jia. Bye!!"

Ai Jia: "Bye."

Tong Yao disconnected the call and glanced at Lu Yue who was staring at her. She smiled and said: "Problem will be solved after an hour. Cheer up."

Lu Yue smiled back at her and said: "Thanks."

Tong Yao: "You need to be. You have such a good friend right."

Lu Yue: "Right."

Tong Yao and Lu Yue went over to the sofa and sat down to talk. And oh my... Lu Sicheng was getting really jealous.