🌟 Chapter 32 🌟

"Lumi!" Y/N rounded the corner, throwing herself onto her friend, giggling. Lumine laughed, hugging her back. "Its been a while, how have you been?" She asked. Y/N smiled. "It's been... Alright. I'm back to my old self again," She joked. Two weeks after the incident, she and Kaeya had both reverted to their usual forms. "I see... oh right, I was heading to good hunters, want to go grab lunch? And then maybe beat up a few hillichurls?" Y/N nodded. This was why she liked Lumine. She was always sharp, to point. There was no wasting time with this girl. "Let's go," She said, leading the way to the restaurant.

"Ah, it's you two!" Sarah said, standing at the front counter as usual. "Our favorite travelers! What can I get you two?" Lumine ordered 3 servings of sticky honey roast, and Y/N ordered flaming red bolognese. She didn't know why, but she was craving spicy food. When the food arrived, Paimon appeared, and accepted her two servings with a cheer. She ate them with gusto, before slowly floating down to sit on the table, sighing happily. "Ah... what a good meal..." Lumine rolled her eyes, while Y/N laughed. "So that's why you ordered three servings... you sure that's enough for her?" "Well, even if it isn't, it's going to have to be. I'm trying to save mora, especially because I'm planning to head to Liyue soon." Right. Liyue. Images flashed through her head. She had almost forgotten. Almost. "Actually... I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come with me?" "...Huh?" 

Lumine shifted, looking downcast. "It's okay if you don't... it's just that, it gets a bit lonely, traveling on the road alone, you know? Even with Paimon... and I don't know what I'll find there. I think having someone who's more knowledgeable about this world with me would make me feel more comfortable." Her eyes widened, and she shook her hands wildly. "B-but it's okay if you don'w want to! I don't want to force you or anything-" "I'll do it." Lumine stopped. "Really? You mean it?" Y/N nodded. "Yes! Thank you!" She closed her eyes and smiled. "Ah... it's been so long since I've traveled with another person- other than Paimon, of course." She dropped her hands, staring at her lap. "This means a lot. Really, thank you." Y/N shook her head. "It's no problem. I know what it's like, to travel alone. It sucks." She stood up, pulling the plates towards her and piling them together. "Well then," She said as she handed the plates off to Sara. "When do we leave?

~🌟~"So um..." Y/N swung her feet from the roof top. "I'm leaving for Liyue tomorrow." Inside her head, Y/N cursed Lumine for setting the date so soon. The blond had apologized profuriously, saying that she had already canceled her booking at the grand goth hotel- and the vacant room had already been eaten up by some fatui. "I know, the traveler told me." Beside her Kaeya sat with one leg crossed over the other, his other foot dangling over the edge of the roof beside her. His arms were crossed. "...Are you mad?" He turned to her and raised an eyebrow. "Why would I be?" Oh. That was a relief.  But still, there was a strange look in Kaeya's eyes. The star shaped pupil seemed to have darkened into a tiny black pinprick. "...I'm really sorry I had to leave on such a short notice. I'll... I'll write. As often as I can!" Y/N stared at him as she said this. 

"You don't need to. After all, we're mere acquaintances. Where you travel is none of my business." "Well, that's true, but that's not why I want to keep writing to you.  After all, I need to make sure you don't do anything stupid while I'm away." Kaeya was silent, his expression stony. Y/N narrowed her eyes. "Don't make any important decisions without consulting with someone first." She said seriously. "Never forget that there are people in Mondstadt who will always support you," Y/N continued. "Go where you want to go, do what you want to do. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise." Kaeya raised and eyebrow. "What's brought this on?" He asked, chuckling. His smile didn't reach his eyes though. Seriously, Y/N thought as she frowned. Why were all her targets two faced liars? Couldn't they tell the truth for once?

"You can't lie to me, Kaeya," She said, rolling her eyes. She stared down at the city below them, sighing. "We both know that... the time will eventually come for you to choose." Kaeya stiffened, the smile on his face becoming rigid. "...I don't want to pressure you, but just promise me you'll make a good choice. What you think is right. That's what's important. Be grateful for what you have, because you can loose it at anytime." She raised a hand and gently tapped him on the shoulder, and after a moment of hesitation, he finally turned to her. "...Hey. You listening to me or not?" "...Ah. Right." He smiled, a real one this time. "I'll take your advice to heart, Miss Wren." "Mhmm. You should. Also-" Y/N shook her head. "Call me Y/N." Kaeya didn't ask any more questions, instead shrugging and saying, "Alright, Y/N... Then I'll wait for your letter." Y/N nodded and stood. "Well, I'm off," she said, giving him a 2 finger salute and a smile. With that, she jumped off the roof ledge, the wind whistling through her ears before she finally made it to the ground. She paused for a moment, before running off into the next alleyway towards the inn. There was someone else she needed to see.