Rebuilding Bonds

"I'm so proud of you, my little hero," a mystical voice echoed through the void.

'What?' (Y/N) wondered, 'Is that..?'

(Y/N) glanced around and found himself surrounded by an expanse of white. Amidst the emptiness, his eyes settled upon a woman.

It was his Himari, his mother.

"I'm so incredibly proud of you. Keep up the great work," she spoke with warmth, flashing her signature smile, a small tear leaking from her eye.

As he continued to look at his mothers warm smile, his vision brightened until all he could see was white.

Suddenly, (Y/N)'s eyes snapped open, his body jolting into a seated position.

His breath came in uneven gasps, and he clutched his chest.

'What just happened?' (Y/N) pondered, surveying his surroundings.

He found himself in a hospital room, surrounded by other beds occupied by sleeping individuals.

While lost in thought, the door to the room creaked open, revealing a petite woman.

"Ah, you're awake..." she paused, glancing at the clipboard in her hand. "(Y/N) (L/N)," she paused again, studying (Y/N) for a moment.

'(L/N)?' The thought flickered briefly in her mind before she continued, "You saved everyone during the exam but pushed yourself too hard, resulting in a fall from a sizeable height. It's nothing short of a miracle that you're still breathing."

"I'm strong!" (Y/N) exclaimed, a smile gracing his face once again.

"I can see that, after a quick check-up you'll be free to go home. It's been three hours, and I'm sure your parents must be worried sick."

"Alright!"

The woman proceeded to perform the necessary check-up on (Y/N), and once she deemed him fit, he was given the green light to go home.

"Thank you!" (Y/N) bowed gratefully to the woman before exiting the room.

As (Y/N) walked home, his mind was consumed by thoughts of the 'dream' he had experienced.

'No, it couldn't have been just a dream. It felt real! Like mom was actually speaking to me! I need answers. How can I talk to her more?'

Lost in contemplation, (Y/N) arrived at his home, the realization of his surroundings abruptly bringing him back to the present.

(Y/N) let out a deep sigh and retrieved his keys, unlocking the door and stepping inside. With deliberate movements, he removed his shoes and neatly placed them on a rack by the entrance.

"How much longer until the letter arrives?" (Y/N) pondered, pausing for a moment before sighing in resignation.

"It's going to be at least a week," he murmured, his thoughts hanging in the air as he made his way to the backyard.

'Training seems like the best way to pass the time,' (Y/N) mused, sliding off his jacket and dropping it carelessly onto the floor.

Stepping outside, he settled on the gravel near the porch, finding a spot to sit.

'I must find a way to talk to to Mom again. I have so many questions that need answers,' he resolved, his mind focused as he began to meditate.

And so, for the following week or so, (Y/N) dedicated himself to the pursuit of contacting his mother once again, determined to find the answers he sought.

On a particular day, while engrossed in meditation near the porch, (Y/N) detected the sound of the sliding doors behind him gently opening and closing once more.