A Lifelong Bond

As (Y/N) arrived home, he looked at his phone seeing that it had barely been ten minutes since his father had called him.

"No extra punishment for me!" He said as he entered the house.

He slowed down his pace as he walked through the house, a large smile on his face. In fact, it was the same smile he had since he left Yaoyorozu's house.

No matter what he tried, his smile didn't go.

(Y/N) walked out to the garden, seeing Kenji and his father still sat, deep in meditation. And Kenji wasn't a Super Saiyan yet.

(Y/N) continued to walk, but a puzzled look settled upon his face. Why exactly was he called back, he thought.

As (Y/N) got closer, Ryu spoke, "Glad you could join us once again."

"Uh, yea... Guess I'm glad too?" He wasn't, he'd much rather be with Yaoyorozu right now, "So uh... What's up?"

Ryu stood up, and so did Kenji, "You did great today Kenji. Take five. Get water or whatever you need."

"Yes." Kenji said, bowing before leaving the garden.

(Y/N) watched Kenji slowly walk into the house, and once he was inside (Y/N) turned back Ryu.

"He couldn't get it," Ryu said defeated.

"What do you mean, he couldn't get it?"

"I mean, it was difficult for him. Every time he was close, he'd back out. Say he's too scared, and I'm not gonna force him," Ryu said, a sympathetic look on his face.

"So you called me back for what?" (Y/N) paused as Ryu gave him a questioning look, making him realize how rude it sounded, "I didn't mean that in a rude way, it's just... I was just in the middle of something important..."

"Oh, well. You didn't think you'd get to skip out on your punishment by going to your girlfriend's house, did you?"

"She's not-" (Y/N) paused, a subtle blush appearing on his face, "R-right..."

Kenji came back into the garden, saying, "I'll be running the laps with him, Mr (L/N)..."

"Hmm," Ryu turned towards Kenji, "Why's that?"

"Well, I disappointed you in training today. I need to get this Super Saiyan thing down. So, until I do. I'll punish myself."

"Oh. Alright..." Ryu responded, "Well. What are you waiting for? Go on."

Kenji then began running around the garden as (Y/N) watched him for a few moments.

"Kenji," (Y/N) spoke, "He didn't mean laps around the garden. He meant around the entire of Musutafu."

Kenji abruptly stopped running, standing still for a few moments just, thinking.

"Right." Kenji then got straight to running out of the garden.

"Go on and join him (Y/N)," Ryu said.

(Y/N) sighed before jogging after Kenji.

As (Y/N) caught up with Kenji he noticed he had a very serious expression on his face. (Y/N) could just tell that Kenji really wanted to get Super Saiyan down.

(Y/N) just shrugged it off as he started to focus on his own run.

The two ran in absolute silence, the only sounds would be the ambiance of the streets they ran on. Until, Kenji decided to speak up to (Y/N).

"Hey," Kenji began quietly, not wanting to interrupt (Y/N) but also eager to ask his question.

"What's up," (Y/N) replied, his tone blunt.