The Laugh!

Krishna was restless! He was looking for her everywhere! He could not stay calm. As soon as he reached his office, he went into a meeting, and that took him almost two hours to finish. When he came back, he checked his phone and saw three missed calls from the tutorial center. With a shrunk eyebrow, he called them back. After three rings, a man attended the call.

“Hello, Best tutorial, how may I help you?”

“I am Krishnan. I received a call an hour ago from there. I have a student there. Damayanthi.”

“Oh, hold on a minute, sir.” He put him on hold, and after two minutes, he heard another man.

“Hello, Mr.Krishnan.”

“Yes!”

“I am Rangachari.”

“Oh, is everything alright?” Something felt off in his voice, and Krishna knew there was a problem.

“Nope, your ‘wife’ went out. We are not going to take her back. I just wanted to inform you.” He spoke in anger. 

“May I know what happened?” Krishna is angry also. No one has ever talked to him disrespectfully, and now this man was speaking in anger to him because of that stupid girl.

“She insulted me in front of my class. You can come and collect the money you paid for her.”

“Where is she?”

“She left a long time ago. I tried to tell you that, but you didn't pick up the call.”

“What?”

“You can come anytime to collect your money back.” He said and hung up the phone. Krishna was in fury, and he called Dammu’s number. Even after so many times, she didn't pick up the phone, and Krishna was all worked up. He ran out of his office to his car.

“Hey, Krishna, where are you going? We still have a meeting at noon.” Mithu came to him as he saw him tense.

“Maya is not attending the call, Mithu. She is not in the tutorial center. I don't know where she is!”

“Calm down. If she is not in the tutorial center, then she must be at home. Call Aunty and ask.” Mithu said, but he didn't fail to notice the name he gave to his wife.

“Oh right!” Krishna hit his head and called his mom. Mithu was looking at his worried friend. This tension is making him happy for Krishna. 

“Ma, is she home?”

“Who, Krishna?”

“Um… your daughter-in-law!”

“You took her to her class, right? How will she be here now?” She asked him back, and that was it.

“Dei, Mithu, she has not gone home.” 

“Relax, she must be somewhere near our home or the tutorial center. You go and search for her, I will take care of the meeting.” Mithu sent him off happily. 

Krishna drove his car straight to the tutorial center and made a huge ruckus there. He fought with them, saying that she is new to this place, and it was irresponsible of them to send her out.

“Hello, sir, calm down. I have to shout now, not you. Do you know what she said? She called me ‘sotta thalaya’ (bald head) in front of my students. She degraded me. I can promise you that no matter where you tutor her, she will never pass her tenth grade.” Rangachari raised his voice, and oddly, Krishna struggled hard to keep that smile inside his mouth. But then he ran out to search for her.